Wagrain is a handsome Alpine town nestling in the heart of Austria’s Pongau region. Wagrain makes a relatively humble impression on arriving by road, retaining plenty of its original mountain...
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 1,130 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Austria is 720 m. Most runs are therefore relatively long. The highest point of the track is 1,980 m above sea level.
- It is among the 10 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Austria.
- Season starts on 2 Dec and ends on 8 Apr (127 days). Average season duration in Austria is 124 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (2 Dec to 8 Apr) is 90 cm at summit elevation and 41 cm at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 107 cm at summit elevation and 49 cm at the base. Therefore Wagrain is among the 10 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Salzburg.
- Wagrain features 73 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Austria is 72 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 19 sunny days.
Throw yourself into a Wagrain winter full of skiing! Slice across powdery slopes, board down pristine deep-snow hills! here with us, you are a part of all that the Ski amadé has to offer - 860 km of outstandingly prepared slopes and 270 km of groomed trails are sure to set ever cross-country skier´s and boarder´s wish come true. In short: with its ideal combination of thrills on the hills, the romance of winter, untold activities and recreatonal opportunities, plus a broad variety of special events, Wagrain brings you the ultimate in glorious winter vacations...