!!NEW!! 6er Chairlift GAMSKOGEL II
A few nice hotels, interesting restaurants and the imposing World Cup arena – that’s Zauchensee. Not too big, idyllically situated in a magnificent mountain landscape and strategically perfectly positioned for skiing: in no time at all you will be taken to an Olympic skiing region. Gamskogel and Rosskopf are its skiing mountains. Be enticed by the hottest and highest pistes under the sun and the cosiest lodges! Each year a few additional metres of piste and new lifts are added. And more and more often, Zauchensee features in international sports reports as venue of Alpine World Cup races and big freestyle events.
The World Cup arena is your entry to the world of skiing. An escalator takes you from the underground car park to the lift up to the pistes and the beautiful powdery snow. First-class service: between 8 and 10pm, the car park is free for ski pass holders. All you need to do is get your parking ticket stamped at the cashier’s desk by the lift! That pays for a few rounds of Aprés Ski in the cosy cafés and trendy bars in the World Cup arena. You left your ski goggles behind or may be you are looking to hire the latest carver model? You can do that in the world cup arena, too!
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 1,100 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of ski resorts in Austria is 745 m. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Zauchensee is among the 10 best rated ski resorts in Salzburg.
- Season starts on 3 Dec and ends on 17 Apr (135 days). Average season duration in Austria is 119 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (3 Dec to 17 Apr) is 88 cm at summit elevation and 68 cm at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 126 cm at summit elevation and 97 cm at the base.
- Zauchensee features 64 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski resorts in Austria is 66 sunny days. December is the sunniest month with an average of 24 sunny days.