- It is among the 10 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Styria.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 984 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Austria is 2356 ft. Runs and slopes are therefore relatively short. The ski resort takes you to an elevation of 4265 ft.
- Season starts on Dec 8 and ends on Mar 17 (99 days). Average season duration in Austria is 112 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (Dec 8 to Mar 17) is 21 " at summit elevation and 15 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during January, offering an average snow depth of 24 " at summit elevation and 18 " at the base.
- Skiregion Joglland Hauereck features 30 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Austria is 41 sunny days. February is the sunniest month with an average of 17 sunny days.
The Ski Resort
The ski region Joglland - Hauereck in Styria, Austria boasts about 19,3 Pistenkilometers, including several ski areas (Mönichwald, St. Jakob im Walde, Wenigzell, Strallegg). With 9.3 kilometres of blue marked slopes, beginners, families and seniors will find the right terrain for skiing down the slopes. In addition, winter sports enthusiasts will find seven kilometres of intermediate and three kilometres of difficult downhill runs here. The slopes can be artificially snowed and illuminated for night skiing. A total of 17 Lifts brings skiers and snowboarders to the slopes of the ski region.
In the children's parks of the individual areas, such as the Kinderschneealm in St. Jakob im Walde, the little ones can learn the ABC of winter sports. The experienced teams of the local ski schools will support them.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
The Joglland - Hauereck ski region also has a lot to offer off-piste. The ski area in Styria is particularly popular with cross-country skiers. Numerous cross-country ski trails run through the surrounding winter landscape, which also invites you to extended winter and snowshoe hikes. The horse-drawn carriage rides create a special atmosphere. If you like, you can be wrapped in warm blankets and let yourself be pulled through the snow-covered nature. The ice rink and toboggan run in the ski region promise convivial hours.
Après-Ski and Nightlife
Dining and Restaurants
Infrastructure & Rental
From Vienna it is about 140 kilometres to the ski region. Follow the A2 to exit 95 Pinggau and then change to the B54. Drive via Dechantskirchen to Rohrbach an der Lafnitz and onto the L405/L416. Via Mönichwald you reach the ski region.
Graz is about 90 kilometres away. Follow the A2 to exit 161 Gleisdorf-West and change to the B64. In Krottendorf change to the B72 and drive via Koglhof and Birkfeld to the ski region.
With public transport:
The nearest airports are Vienna (140 kilometres) and Graz (90 kilometres). One train station is located in Rohrbach/Lafnitz, 25 kilometres away.