- The vertical drop from summit to base is 1,100 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of ski resorts in Austria is 726 m. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Sankt Johann Alpendorf is among the 10 best rated ski resorts in Salzburg.
- Season starts on 26 Nov and ends on 17 Apr (142 days). Average season duration in Austria is 118 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (26 Nov to 17 Apr) is 89 cm at summit elevation and 38 cm at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 108 cm at summit elevation and 51 cm at the base.
- Sankt Johann Alpendorf features 61 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski resorts in Austria is 68 sunny days. December is the sunniest month with an average of 24 sunny days.
In winter St. Johann-Alpendorf is your main gateway to the “Salzburg Sportsworld” and the “Ski amadé”, Austria’s biggest source of winter enjoyment. With just one ski pass you have access to over 270 modern lifts and gondolas and 860 well-groomed downhill kilometres. Snow is a guarantee right to the valley floor – mother nature and our state of the art snow-making ensure that as much terrain as possible stays covered.Modern gondolas and chairlifts provide access to the largest "ski area" in Austria directly from Alpendorf. 1 ski-pass offers access to 270 lifts and 860 kms of carefully prepared pistes. Three well organized ski and snowboard schools, ski kindergartens, ski hire, toboggan rides, discos, bars, hut evenings and much more round off the varied range of sports and activities by the holiday oasis, Alpendorf. The new snowpark in Alpendorf with 3 different lines and a chill area is ideal for all freeskiers and snowboarders.
Sankt Johann-Alpendorf is a small town of great diversity in the heart of the province of Salzburg, just 45 minutes from the Salzburg Airport. Close to the province’s cultural centre and easily accessible by autobahn, this charming village is the perfect destination for your winter holiday.