Coronavirus / Covid-19 Measures
- Masks mandatory in all lifts and ski buses
- Visitor management in waiting areas (keep your distance)
- Masks mandatory at restaurants, ski rental and shops
- Daily disinfection measures
- Face covering required in lift lines
- Lift tickets must be purchased in advance
The Ski Resort
Welcome to hell!? The Purgatory ski resort near Durango, Colorado offers more than 100 slopes. Almost half of the slopes are designed for advanced winter sports enthusiasts. But also beginners and experts will find the right slopes here. Located in the San Juan Mountains, the San Juan Mountains offer the best snow conditions.
- It is among the 10 most family-friendly ski Resorts in the USA.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 2028 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in the USA is 1188 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long. The ski resort takes you to an elevation of 10823 ft.
- Average snow depth during the season is 36 " at summit elevation and 30 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 40 " at summit elevation and 40 " at the base.
- Durango Purgatory features 105 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in the USA is 69 sunny days. December is the sunniest month with an average of 24 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 3 sunniest in Colorado.