- Elevated between 740 m and 820 m, the Ski Resort is among the 3 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Lower Saxony. The vertical drop from summit to base is 80 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Germany is 215 m. Runs and slopes are therefore relatively short.
- The day pass at Altenau is €18 making it one of the 5 cheapest ski Resorts in Lower Saxony.
- It is among the 3 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Lower Saxony.
- Season starts on 25 Dec and ends on 4 Mar (69 days). Average season duration in Germany is 101 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (25 Dec to 4 Mar) is 22 cm at summit elevation and 17 cm at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during January, offering an average snow depth of 25 cm at summit elevation and 21 cm at the base. Therefore Altenau is among the 3 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Lower Saxony.
- Altenau features 14 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Germany is 20 sunny days. February is the sunniest month with an average of 8 sunny days.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Snowphone+49 (0)5329 690060
Average snow depth of the last years (Summit)
Number toboggan runs: 1
Toboggan run lighted
Dining and Restaurants
Infrastructure & Rental
Cross Country Ski Rental