- Elevated between 2428 ft and 2690 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 3 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Lower Saxony. The vertical drop from summit to base is 262 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Germany is 712 ft. Runs and slopes are therefore relatively short.
- The day pass at Altenau is €18 making it one of the 5 cheapest ski Resorts in Lower Saxony.
- It is among the 3 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Lower Saxony.
- Season starts on Jan 5 and ends on Mar 10 (64 days). Average season duration in Germany is 85 days.
- Snow coverage is usually best during January, offering an average snow depth of 7 " at summit elevation and 7 " at the base. Therefore Altenau is among the 3 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Lower Saxony.
- Altenau features 204 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Germany is 218 sunny days. July is the sunniest month with an average of 28 sunny days.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Snowphone+49 (0)5329 690060
Average snow depth of the last years (Summit)
Number toboggan runs: 1
Toboggan run lighted
Dining and Restaurants
Infrastructure & Rental
Cross Country Ski Rental