- Elevated between 740 m and 820 m, the Ski Resort is among the 3 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Lower Saxony. The vertical drop from summit to base is 80 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Germany is 215 m. Runs and slopes are therefore relatively short.
- The day pass at Altenau is €18 making it one of the 5 cheapest ski Resorts in Lower Saxony.
- It is among the 3 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Lower Saxony.
- Season starts on 5 Jan and ends on 17 Mar (71 days). Average season duration in Germany is 95 days.
- Snow coverage is usually best during January, offering an average snow depth of 22 cm at summit elevation and 19 cm at the base. Therefore Altenau is among the 3 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Lower Saxony.
- Altenau features 161 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Germany is 188 sunny days. June is the sunniest month with an average of 21 sunny days.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Snowphone+49 (0)5329 690060
Average snow depth of the last years (Summit)
Number toboggan runs: 1
Toboggan run lighted
Dining and Restaurants
Infrastructure & Rental
Cross Country Ski Rental