The Cross-Country Area
Lech Zürs welcomes cross-country skiers with 27 kilometers (16,7 miles) of trails,17 kilometers (10,5 miles) of these are prepared for skating as well. All of the six trails offer a huge variety and are completely free of charge.
Follow for 2,8 kilometers (1,7 miles) to reach Zug and enjoy the romantic trail along lake Lech. An other option: You start in Zürs at the base station Trittkopfbahn where you´ll find a circuit that takes you to the Flexenpass on four beautiful kilometers.
Last but definitely not least: Hit the longest cross-country trail in the area (8 kilometers = 5 miles) that starts at Zuger Bergbahn valley station. You know you´re on the right way when you pass Gasthof Älpele until you reach Alpe Tannläger. The trail is finished when you return by the same route.
- Offering 16.78 miles cross-country trails, Lech Zürs am Arlberg is among the 10 largest Cross-Country Skiing Areas in Vorarlberg.
- Lech Zürs am Arlberg is among the 10 best rated Cross-Country Skiing Areas in Austria.
- Elevated between 4757 ft and 5643 ft, the Cross-Country Skiing Area is among the 3 highest elevated Cross-Country Skiing Areas in Vorarlberg.
- Average snow depth during the season is 66 " at summit elevation and 39 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 89 " at summit elevation and 51 " at the base. Therefore Lech Zürs am Arlberg is among the 3 cross-Country Skiing Areas with best snow conditions in Vorarlberg.
- Lech Zürs am Arlberg features 12 sunny days on average per season. The average for all cross-Country Skiing Areas in Austria is 13 sunny days. December is the sunniest month with an average of 7 sunny days.