- Alpine Ski World Cup in Lech-Zürs on 12+13 November 2022 is cancelled!!
- In Lech Zürs, two old double chairlifts are being replaced by new installations. A 10-seater gondola lift is being built on the Zugerberg, and a 6-seater chairlift with heated seats and weather protection hoods on the Madloch-Joch. >> Read more
The Ski Resort
The Arlberg was the pioneer alpine ski resort to employ a ski tow in Austria during the 1930s meaning it´s rich in tradition and history. Don´t expect an outdated ski resort. Top-modern lifts and new investments made it to a top modern ski resort where you couldn´t ask for more. It joined together with Warth Schröcken in the season of 2013/2014 and is now the largest ski resort in Voralberg. It features incredible 190 kilometers (118 miles) of ski trails. The association Ski Arlberg that includes St. Anton am Arlberg, Stuben and Sonnenkopf even holds the title ´best ski resort in the world´.
Descent areas in form of blue runs are everywhere in Lech and Zürs and welcome all beginners and athletes re-entering the skiing world. Most of them bring you right back to the base. All newbies should definitely check out Berger-Rinderalpe to find some easy runs that all take you to Lech. Hexenboden, located on the Zürs site, has some amazing blue and red runs and is therefore an other hot spot for all beginners and intermediate skiers and boarders.
All those who already have gained more experience in the winter sport scene, can enjoy the ski circuit ´The white ring´. Follow the circuit clock-wise through the resort to really enjoy every part of Lech Zürs while conquering 5.500 height meters ( 18.044 ft) and 22 kilometers (13,6 miles) of trails. ´The white ring´ became famous through the eponymous race where professionals and amateurs compete against each other. That´s not the only time the circuit is open, you can hit it as long as the season lasts.
Start by grabbing Rüfikopf tram up to the summit. Take a second and enjoy the breathtaking view before you hit the surrounding trails. By skiing down Schüttboden run you will pass Hexenboden and get to Zürs. The other mountain side boasts lake Zürsersee and Madloch-Joch, by the way the highest point in the resort by featuring 2.444 height meters (7.362 ft). The run to Zug starts at Kriegerhorn and is the last run of the circuit. Follow four kilometers (2,5 miles) in order to get back to Lech. An other option: Head in the direction of Weibermahd lift and grab Auenfeldjet gondola to access ski resort Warth Schröcken.
The ski circuit is not the only choice for expert skiers. Sonnenbergabfahrt (15a) is oriented to needs of skiers that love to challenge themselves. However, there are more ski circuits that will even please the most courageous skier and snowboarder. For example the race slopes at Hinterwies lift, baby lift Zürs and speed check next to Weibermahd lift are the spots to prove your skills.
All freestylers find excellent features that will give an adrenaline rush in the terrain park Lech at Schlegelkopf. It ranges up to 1600 meters (5.249 ft) and offers about 20 obstacles to bring each rider to its maximum. This 3.6 ha big park challenges skiers and riders of every ability by featuring an area for beginners, a rail-line for intermediate freestylers and a kicker-line for real experts.
Experience Heliskiing in Lech Zürs. That´s a one of a kind skiing experience in Austria! Get in the helicopter and choose between the locations Schneetal-Orgelscharte or Mehlsack, the perfect spots for experienced winter athletes.
- Offering 190 miles of slopes and terrain, Lech Zürs (Ski Arlberg) is among the 3 largest Ski Resorts in Austria.
- Lech Zürs (Ski Arlberg) is the the best rated ski resort in Austria.
- It is among the 15 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Austria.
- Elevated between 4265 ft and 9222 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 15 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Austria. The vertical drop from summit to base is 4957 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Austria is 2382 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Average snow depth during the season is 67 " at summit elevation and 41 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 89 " at summit elevation and 51 " at the base. Therefore Lech Zürs (Ski Arlberg) is among the 15 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Austria.
- Lech Zürs (Ski Arlberg) features 73 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Austria is 67 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 25 sunny days.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
On Mountain Dining
Go and explore the beautiful winter landscape on the hiking trails. 16 well-groomed trails are available and come to a total of 40 kilometers (24 miles). Hands down, the high-altitude hiking trail Gaisbühel is definitely one of the highlights and gives you four kilometers (2,5 miles) of pure hiking enjoyment.
Feel the fill of the thrill while winding down the 1,2 kilometer (0,74 miles) long toboggan run from Oberlech to Lech. In those kilometers you´ll make your way through the dreamy forest Burgwald. The Oberlech gondola gives you a ride to the starting point and you can actually go tobogganing until 10 pm. Good news for night owls that need an action-packed night!
If you are an ice-skating fan, go and check out the natural ice rink in Zürs or the covered ice rink in Lech, right next to Hotel Monzabon.
A great opportunity for lovers of contemporary art is a visit to Skyspace Lech. US-artist James Turrell has created a stunning installation of light and colour for visitors to enjoy an extraordinary view of the sky.
Après-Ski and Nightlife
Dining and Restaurants
Infrastructure & Rental
Affiliate Ski SchoolsOffered Skiing Lessons Lech Zürs (Ski Arlberg)
Number of Ski Rental
Affiliate ShopsSki Rentals Lech Zürs (Ski Arlberg) (26)
Coming from the West take A14 to Bludenz and continue on S16 where you exit at Langen. Now change to Flexenpass and follow in order to get to Zürs and Lech.
Coming from the East take Inntalautobahn (A12) via Innsbuck and Landeck to St. Anton at Arlberg. Make a turn onto Flexenpass and follow for Zürs and Lech.
Coming by train your end stations will be Langen at Arlberg or St. Anton at Arlberg. Both train stations offer bus connections to Lech Zürs. You can always take a cab to the ski resort as well.
The next airports are Altenrhein (100km away), Innsbruck (110 km) and Friedrichshafen (130 km). During the winter season you can use the shuttle bus from Zürich airport (200 km away) from Friday to Sunday.