The Cross-Country Area
Between Heubach and Masserberg there is a network of 60 kilometres of cross-country ski trails. The cross-country parks in Heubach and Masserberg as well as the cross-country ski run Friedrichshöhe are prepared for the classic as well as the skating style. Classic cross-country skiers will also find longer, more demanding routes. A skating trail runs around the Fehrenberg. Every Tuesday and Thursday the Loipengarten in Masserberg is illuminated from 5 p.m. onwards.
The Most Beautiful Tracks
- Heubach ski lift top station: easy - 1,3 km - classic
- Friedrichshöhe: easy - 16,7 km - skating/classic
- Loipengarten Heubach: easy- 0,6 km - skating/classic
- Loipengarten Masserberg: easy - 1,1 km - skating/classic
- Heubach/Schnett: medium -13,5 km - classic
- Simmersberg: medium - 13,5 km - classic
- Rennsteig 14 Hoher Stock-Dreistromstein: medium - 15,9 km - classic
- Skating track Fehrenberg: medium - 4,2 km - skating
- Offering 36.66 miles cross-country trails, Masserberg - Heubach is among the 5 largest Cross-Country Skiing Areas in Thuringia.
- The highest point of the track is 2441 ft above sea level.
- Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 15 " at summit elevation and 13 " at the base.
Masserberg is located about 40 kilometers southeast of Suhl. Parking is available in Masserberg directly next to the Rennsteig cross-country ski run or at the Heubach ski area and the Heubach cross-country ski run garden.