- Elevated between 560 m and 830 m, the Ski Resort is among the 5 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Hesse. The vertical drop from summit to base is 270 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Germany is 217 m.
- Willingen is among the 3 best rated Ski Resorts in Hesse.
- It is among the 15 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Germany.
- Season starts on 21 Dec and ends on 17 Mar (86 days). Average season duration in Germany is 85 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (21 Dec to 17 Mar) is 40 cm at summit elevation and 40 cm at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 56 cm at summit elevation and 56 cm at the base. Therefore Willingen is among the 3 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Hesse.
- Willingen features 18 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Germany is 25 sunny days. February is the sunniest month with an average of 12 sunny days.
- Offering 17 km of slopes and terrain, Willingen is the largest ski resort in Hesse.
The Ski Resort
Little ones can enjoy the kids parks of the local ski schools. Specially trained instructors will help kids to find their ski legs pretty quick. The magic carpets, ski tows and ski carousel add even more fun to the learning process.
Freestylers won´t miss out either. A terrain park that is on the smaller side but still boasts a ton of boxes and kickers. You are welcome to go crazy!
The ski resort Willingen is the center of Viessmann Winterparks Willingen in the region of Sauerland. The surrounding towns Usseln and Schwalefeld give you additional ski runs and cross-country ski runs.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
On Mountain Dining
Most Difficult Runs
The most obvious highlights next to skiing are the world cup events, ski jumping and biathlon. The world cup ski jump is definitely worth seeing. If you prefer being active yourself, you´ll have plenty of recreational activities to do. The ice rink in Willingen offers ice skating, ice curling, figure skating and ice hockey. You can expect a thrilling experience at the tobogganing runs of the resort, some of them are even lighted. Additionally, Willingen takes their cross-country skiing pretty serious. More than 90 (!) kilometers (56 miles) can be explored the classic or the skating way. Discover the beautiful winter wonderland while you´re snow shoe hiking. If you want to escape the cold, check out the Lagunen water park with Caribbean flair where you get the full spa treatment.
Après-Ski and Nightlife
Infrastructure & Rental
Kassel is about 80 kilometers (50 miles) away from the ski resort. Take A44 to Burghasungen and change onto B251 that takes you right to Willingen.
From Marburg it´s 90 kilometers (56 miles) to Willingen, Dortmund is a 110 kilometers (68 miles) car ride away. Free parking is available and you´ll have direct access to lifts.
By Public Transportation:
The next airport is Paderborn, about 40 kilometers (25 miles) outside from Willingen. Trains run between airport and ski resort.