- Offering 395 acres of slopes and terrain, Whitecap Mountains is the largest ski resort in Wisconsin.
- Whitecap Mountains is the the best rated ski resort in Wisconsin.
- It is among the 3 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Wisconsin.
- Season starts on Dec 16 and ends on Mar 13 (87 days). Average season duration in the USA is 118 days.
- Whitecap Mountains features 8 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in the USA is 13 sunny days. December is the sunniest month with an average of 5 sunny days.
The Ski Resort
Whitecap offers a unique layout that you won´t find anywhere else! Its terrain of over 200 hectares spreads over 3 mountains and in all directions. Hence, even on a busy day it won´t feel like skiing at a crowded place. There is always plenty of room to have fun in the snow! Whitecap Mountains is located within the Penokee Mountains in northern Wisconsin and is a great place for everyone, whether skier or snowboarder, novice or expert. There are 43 runs in total almost equally divided into beginner, intermediate and expert trails. A great snowmaking system takes care of the snow conditions at Whitecap. If nature isn´t willing to treat us with enough snow the system is ready to produce plenty of man made snow to provide fantastic snow conditions. Whitecap is also a great place for beginners. Whereas at other ski areas beginners are forced to go up and down the same hill over and over again, you have multiple opportunities at Whitecap. There are beginner trails available on all three mountains! Furthermore, Whitecap has a Ski School that offers a variety of programs for all skill levels. Experienced instructors will help you to ski better which will enable you to have even more fun on the mountain!