- Offering 363 acres of slopes and terrain, White Pine Ski Area is among the 5 largest Ski Resorts in Wyoming.
- White Pine Ski Area is among the 5 best rated Ski Resorts in Wyoming.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 1099 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in the USA is 1184 ft. The high point of the ski resort is located at an elevation of 9501 ft.
- Season starts on Dec 2 and ends on Mar 25 (113 days). Average season duration in the USA is 118 days.
- During the season (from Dec 2 till Mar 25) the average snow depth at White Pine Ski Area is 11 ". Snow coverage is usually best during January, offering an average base depth of 12 ".
- White Pine Ski Area features 55 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in the USA is 49 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 18 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 3 sunniest in Wyoming.
The Ski Resort
White Pine Ski Area is located right in between Jackson Hole and Rock Springs and about 15 kilometers from the town of Pinedale. The closest airport is Jackson Hole. However, you may also fly in via Rock Springs or Salt Lake City Airport. There is also a bus service from Rock Springs available. Once you arrived at White Pine Ski Area what you´ll first see the resort´s huge lodge. It was built in 1999-2000 and has three floors. Here you will find everything you need: lift ticket sales, ski school, restrooms and White Pine Grill where you´ll get tasty food. All in all White Pine Ski Area offers 150 hectares of varied terrain. There are plenty of trails for beginner, intermediates and experts. No matter if you´re looking for gentle beginner trails, for wide open trails for cruising, steep expert terrain or for some backcountry adventure, you´ll find all of it abundantly at White Pine Ski Area. Moreover, there is also a freestyle aerial jump-hill available. Nordic skiers won´t be disappointed, either. White Pine Ski Area offers over 30 km of groomed Nordic tracks for both classic and skate style. Beginners can take some lessons at the Max Lundberg Ski School. It offers private and group lessons for alpine skiers, snowboarders and Nordic skiers. In addition, specialty clinics can be tailored according to your group´s needs. End your day with your favorite beverage at the fireplace at the fireside lounge.