- Offering 262 acres of slopes and terrain, Waterville Valley Resort is among the 5 largest Ski Resorts in New Hampshire.
- Waterville Valley Resort is among the 5 best rated Ski Resorts in New Hampshire.
- Elevated between 1982 ft and 4003 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 3 highest elevated Ski Resorts in New Hampshire. The vertical drop from summit to base is 2021 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in the USA is 1184 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Season starts on Nov 25 and ends on Apr 2 (128 days). Average season duration in the USA is 118 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (Nov 25 to Apr 2) is 17 " at summit elevation and 15 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 22 " at summit elevation and 22 " at the base. Therefore Waterville Valley Resort is among the 3 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in New Hampshire.
- Waterville Valley Resort features 61 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in the USA is 56 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 17 sunny days.
The Ski Resort
Waterville Valley makes fans out of visitors! Nestled in New Hampshire´s Mountains it offers everything a genuine ski area needs. It is a fantastic mountain with a vertical drop of over 600 meters. Waterville Valley consistently hosts international races, including world cups! Yet, it offers something for everyone. It boasts over 100 hectares of skiable terrain with a total amount of 52 trails. Beginners, intermediates and experts love this mountain alike as they all find numerous trails that they can enjoy. Whether it is your first day on a mountain, you love carving or you´re looking for deep powder, Waterville Valley will not disappoint you! There are also several terrain parks available. Features range from smaller features for beginner to larger features for more experienced skiers and riders. Yet, all parks are affectionately designed by the park crew that is eager to always offer you best conditions and exciting park updates. There are numerous events taking place in the parks throughout the season, so check the events calender to be up to date. Moreover, Waterville Valley has a lot to offer for families. The Snow Sports School provides great programs for all ages and ability levels. There are great programs especially designed for kids as well as family packages that enable families to learn together! In addition, there is a day care available for the little toddlers. Waterville Valley also has a great Nordic Center that is among the top 15 nordic ski areas in the U.S.! You have access to 70 km of groomed tracks designed for both classic and skate style. The terrain is varied offering trails for beginners and advanced skiers alike. If you have never tried Nordic skiing before you can take lessons at the Nordic Center. Get some instruction by a pro and soon you can explore the vast trails of Waterville Valley on your own. Moroever, even as a non-skier you can experience the winter landscape. Snowshoeing is a fast growing winter activity that is enjoyed by individuals of all ages. It is a fun and gives you the opportunity to explore the winter landscape and wildlife at low costs! Waterville Village is a small mountain village. However, it offers great hotels, lodges and condos in a lovely environment. You will also find great restaurants and retail stores as well as a spa to relax for a while. All this taken together will make you instantly fall in love with Waterville Valley just like thousands have before you!