- Offering 25 miles of slopes and terrain, Valle Nevado is among the 3 largest Ski Resorts in Chile.
- Valle Nevado is among the 3 best rated Ski Resorts in Chile.
- It is among the 3 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Chile.
- Elevated between 9383 ft and 12041 ft, the Ski Resort is the highest elevated Ski Resorts in Chile. The vertical drop from summit to base is 2657 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Chile is 2802 ft.
- Season starts on Jun 29 and ends on Oct 6 (99 days). Average season duration in Chile is 106 days.
- Snow coverage is usually best during September, offering an average snow depth of 49 " at summit elevation and 25 " at the base. This makes Valle Nevado the ski resort with the best snow conditions in Chile.
- Valle Nevado features 58 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Chile is 58 sunny days. July is the sunniest month with an average of 18 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 1 sunniest in Chile.
The Ski Resort
Located in the Andes Mountains in Chile, Valle Nevado is the closest ski resort to Santiago boasting 18 lifts and a whopping 45 runs, which include 6 beginner slopes, 13 designated blue runs, 17 runs suited to advanced skiers, and 9 expert runs. It is known as some of Chile's best resorts and among South America's most modern ski centers.
Skiing here takes place between 9,000ft and 12,000ft and all the accommodation is ski-in/ski-out. Plenty of private condos for two to eight guests and the Hotel Valle Nevado, which is the resort's most exclusive lodging option, offer great amenities and service. The hotel is located in the center of the resort, featuring a spa and fitness center as well as the Bar Valle Nevado; apartments come with private terraces, heated pools or Jacuzzis and indoor parking.
Valle Nevado bears a remarkable resemblance to Les Arcs in France, as it was modeled after the purpose-built design of the French ski resort. Runnings its chairlifts for the very first time in 1988, Valle Nevado was the first resort in Chile to open a FIS-approved terrain park in 2001.
The smaller terrain park is located just below the hotel, while the main one is situated next to the Candonga lift, offering jumps, rails, a pipe, and boxes for both intermediate and advanced riders. Moreover, the resort offers spectacular heli-skiing, an excellent ski and snowboard school as well as eight stores where to get clothing, accessories, sweets, gifts, and more.