The Ski Resort
The South Island's largest ski area, Treble Cone accesses 550ha of skiable terrain, and features a vertical drop of 700m as well as a total lift capacity of 4,500 people per hour. Popular among skiers of all levels, Treble Cone is famous for its long runs, uncrowded slopes, and terrific views over Lake Wanaka and the Southern Alps. For the best view, cruise the wide blue Raffles Run.
Skiing for All Levels
10% beginner terrain, 45% intermediate terrain, and another 45% advanced terrain make for a great variety for seasoned skiers and expert riders. Snowmaking facilities cover 50ha. If you are after advanced terrain, Saddle Basin and Summit Slopes are your go-to. Within the boundaries of the patrolled and protected ski area, the Motatapu Chutes are where to explore the backcountry.
The Nice 'n' Easy Platter gets you to wide, groomed terrain. The local ski and snowboard school offers packages for ski newbies to get you on track. Intermediate skiers and boarders get the chance to explore the mountain and its iconic views by skiing long blue, groomed trails spread all over the mountain. A famous bucket list mountain for the advanced and expert, Treble Cone is known as New Zealand's best freeride mountain. Wide open powder bowls, chutes, natural jumps and drops make for endless fun on the slopes and a true freeride mecca.
- Offering 1359 acres of slopes and terrain, Treble Cone is among the 3 largest Ski Resorts in New Zealand.
- Treble Cone is among the 5 best rated Ski Resorts in New Zealand.
- Elevated between 4134 ft and 6430 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 10 highest elevated Ski Resorts in New Zealand. The vertical drop from summit to base is 2297 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in New Zealand is 1545 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Snow coverage is usually best during November, offering an average snow depth of 58 " at summit elevation and 39 " at the base. Therefore Treble Cone is among the 10 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in New Zealand.
- Treble Cone features 18 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in New Zealand is 18 sunny days. July is the sunniest month with an average of 7 sunny days.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Treble Cone is the closest ski resort to Wanaka, located a short 29km / 35 minute scenic drive along the picturesque shores of Lake Wanaka. Free mountain parking available at the Base Lodge and at the bottom of the access road.
The Treble Cone Express is NEW in 2016! From four different pick up and drop off locations situated around Wanaka, the Treble Cone Express departs for Treble Cone at 8am and 10am daily, and departs Treble Cone for return to Wanaka at 2pm and 4pm daily.