The Ski Resort
In the heart of the Austrian Alps, in the district of Lungau, you will find the Katschberg ski area. Winter sports enthusiasts can enjoy their turns here on 70 kilometres of alpine slopes of all levels of difficulty. In the sun-drenched skiing area, ten kilometres of pistes are marked blue, 40 kilometres of downhill runs are marked red and 20 kilometres are marked black. In the medium-sized ski area, everyone will find the right winter sports terrain for themselves - whether beginner, beginner, advanced or professional. The perfectly groomed and varied slopes are guaranteed to snow thanks to the latest snow-making technology. From the valley stations of Katschberg and St. Margarethen, 16 modern lifts take winter sports enthusiasts to Aineck (2,220 metres) and Tschaneck (2,030 metres), the two mountains in the ski area.
- Offering 43 miles of slopes and terrain, Katschberg is among the 3 largest Ski Resorts in Carinthia.
- Katschberg is among the 3 best rated Ski Resorts in Carinthia.
- It is among the 5 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Carinthia.
- Elevated between 3497 ft and 7283 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 5 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Carinthia. The vertical drop from summit to base is 3786 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Austria is 2362 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Average snow depth during the season is 50 " at summit elevation and 23 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 56 " at summit elevation and 26 " at the base. Therefore Katschberg is among the 5 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Carinthia.
- Katschberg features 56 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Austria is 55 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 22 sunny days.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Most Difficult Runs
Rustic, good-value ski huts assure “Gemütlichkeit” and joy. Let the snow swirl around your nose on cross-country and snowshoeing tours in the valley, or on mountain, moonshine and trapper tours. You are very likely to continue a friendly get-together on the ice-stock piste.