- The vertical drop from summit to base is 1,154 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Austria is 718 m. Most runs are therefore relatively long. The high point of the ski Resort is located at an elevation of 2,220 m.
- Katschberg is among the 3 best rated Ski Resorts in Carinthia.
- It is among the 10 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Carinthia.
- Season starts on 3 Dec and ends on 17 Apr (135 days). Average season duration in Austria is 119 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (3 Dec to 17 Apr) is 64 cm at summit elevation and 37 cm at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 88 cm at summit elevation and 43 cm at the base. Therefore Katschberg is among the 10 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Carinthia.
- Katschberg features 81 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Austria is 77 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 20 sunny days.
- Offering 70 km of slopes and terrain, Katschberg is among the 3 largest Ski Resorts in Carinthia.
St. Margarethen is the village in the valley of the ski swing St. Margarethen – Aineck/Katschberg. Well-groomed, snow-certain slopes invite you to ski, snowboard, carve, and a lot more.
What’s more, the central location of the village lets you reach another four skiing areas (Speiereck-Großeck, Fanningberg, Obertauern and Schönfeld) within 5 to 20 minutes.
An Insider tip for families is the Kinderstube Aineck: Child day care directly at the base station of the Aineck ski lifts. Trained kindergarten teachers take care of your little ones and give you time to enjoy the slopes.
Rustic, good-value ski huts assure “Gemütlichkeit” and joy. Let the snow swirl around your nose on cross-country and snowshoeing tours in the valley, or on mountain, moonshine and trapper tours. You are very likely to continue a friendly get-together on the ice-stock piste.