- The vertical drop from summit to base is 1,154 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of ski resorts in Austria is 745 m. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Topschiregion Katschberg is among the 3 best rated ski resorts in Carinthia.
- It is among the 10 most family-friendly ski resorts in Carinthia.
- Average snow depth during the season (3 Dec to 24 Oct) is 50 cm at summit elevation and 30 cm at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 107 cm at summit elevation and 38 cm at the base.
- Offering 70 km of slopes and terrain, Topschiregion Katschberg is among the 3 largest ski resorts in Carinthia.
St. Margarethen is the village in the valley of the ski swing St. Margarethen – Aineck/Katschberg. Well-groomed, snow-certain slopes invite you to ski, snowboard, carve, and a lot more.
Rustic, good-value ski huts assure “Gemütlichkeit” and joy. Let the snow swirl around your nose on cross-country and snowshoeing tours in the valley, or on mountain, moonshine and trapper tours. You are very likely to continue a friendly get-together on the ice-stock piste.
Our inns and restaurants take pleasure in serving you the delicacies of our local cuisine.
What’s more, the central location of our village lets you reach another 4 beautiful skiing areas (Speiereck-Großeck, Fanningberg, Obertauern and Schönfeld) within 5 to 20 minutes.
Insider tip for families: Kinderstube Aineck: Child day care directly at the base station of the Aineck ski lifts. Trained kindergarten teachers take care of your little ones and give you time to enjoy the slopes.