- The Remarkables is among the 10 best rated Ski Resorts in New Zealand.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 1053 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in New Zealand is 1545 ft. The high point of the ski resort is located at an elevation of 6375 ft.
- Season starts on Jul 4 and ends on Sep 27 (85 days). Average season duration in New Zealand is 99 days.
- Snow coverage is usually best during September, offering an average snow depth of 52 " at summit elevation and 34 " at the base.
- The Remarkables features 9 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in New Zealand is 18 sunny days. September is the sunniest month with an average of 7 sunny days.
The Ski Resort
The Remarkables are a mountain range located in Otago in the South Island of New Zealand on the southeastern shore of Lake Wakatipu, only 37 minutes from Queenstown. Along with Coronet Peak and Mt Hutt, The Remarkables is managed by NZSki. Being clearly visible from the nearby town of Queenstown, the mountain range is one of only two mountain ranges in the world that runs directly north to south. The Remarkables offers terrain to suit everyone from first-timers to seasoned, expert skiers and riders.
Terrain Suited to All Levels
Featuring 100 snowmaking guns that cover seven trails and three terrain parks, the ski resort has extensive snowmaking and receives over 3,67 m of snow per year. Three surface conveyor lifts, a six seater express chairlift and three quad chairlifts cover 385 hectares of skiable terrain with 30% being for beginners, 40% for intermediate skiers, and another 30% for expert skiers.
Local Ski School
The Kea Club's ski lessons are for kids aged 5 to 17 years and their snowboarding lessons for kids aged 7 to 17 years. Mini Kea offers an all day childcare program for kids aged 4 to 5 years. In case one of your little ones or you yourself forgot existential equipment at home, the Sno Shop will be happy to help offering affordable skiing and snowboarding essentials.
The Remarkables Cafe & Restaurant
Great news: Three cafes and restaurants in the new base building along with the renowned Ice Bar prevent you from running out of refreshment and food options. Ratusburn Coffee Bar offers great wines, coffees, teas, beers, muffins, cakes and other snacks. Ratusburn is your go to when it comes to grabbing a breakfast on the go. While The Remarkables Cafe is great for anyone who fancies a quick bite to eat, The Remarkables Restaurant serves a daily menu featuring gourmet sandwiches and hearty meals, soups, bowls, curries as well as delicious salads.