Coronavirus / Covid-19 Measures
- Masks mandatory in all lifts and ski buses
- Visitor management in waiting areas (keep your distance)
- Restrictions on lift capacity
- Masks mandatory at restaurants, ski rental and shops
- Daily disinfection measures
- Face covering required in lift lines
- Lift tickets must be purchased in advance
The Ski Resort
Steamboat is located in northwest Colorado within the Rocky Mountains about a three hours drive away from Denver. It is also accessible via airplane as Yampa Valley Regional Airport is only 37 km away. Steamboat offers a great mix of varied terrain. This mixture is one of a kind and sets Steamboat apart from other resorts. At Steamboat you will rather find a true ski town than a mega complex ski resort. Steambot stresses its 100-year western heritage and friendliness that add up to a unique atmosphere that can only be found here.
There are 1200 hectares of skiable terrain that spreads over 6 peaks: Mt. Werner, Sunshine Peak, Storm Peak, Thunderhead Peak, Christie Peak and Pioneer Ridge. Such an great amount of terrain naturally comprises a great variety of trails. At Steamboat no one is left behind. There are plenty of trails for beginners, intermediates and experts alike. The resort is particularly famous for its Champagne Powder on the glade areas of Storm Peak, Pioneer Ridge and Sunshine. In fact, the term Champagne Powder was coined in Steamboat! In addition, freestylers also have a great choice here. There are 4 terrain parks with one half pipe and a super pipe to choose from. Steambot already got its first half pipe in 1990. Since then it has consistently enhanced its freestyle terrain. Today you´ll find innovative features for all ability levels that make a real freestyler´s heart beat faster! New in the park? The Ski & Snowboard School offers a special Freestyle Park & Pipe Clinic!
Actually, the Ski & Sowboard School offers programs an clinics for all different needs. No matter if beginner or expert, child or adult, group or private lesson, you´ll definitely find a program that suits you! There is even a childcare program that enables parents to enjoy the trails and slopes of Steamboat without having to worry about the kids! Yet, Steamboat also offers an abundance of other snow activities besides alpine skiing and snowboarding. Try Ice Climbing, Snowshoeing, Sleigh Rides, Helicopter Tours, Cross Country Skiing and much more!
- Offering 2965 acres of slopes and terrain, Steamboat is among the 10 largest Ski Resorts in Colorado.
- Steamboat is among the 15 best rated Ski Resorts in the USA.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 3668 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in the USA is 1188 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long. The high point of the ski resort is located at an elevation of 10568 ft.
- Average snow depth during the season is 72 " at summit elevation and 48 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 74 " at summit elevation and 49 " at the base.
- Steamboat features 61 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in the USA is 60 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 14 sunny days.