- The vertical drop from summit to base is 1,118 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of ski resorts in the USA is 341 m. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Steamboat is among the 15 best rated ski resorts in the USA.
- Season starts on 25 Nov and ends on 10 Apr (137 days). Average season duration in the USA is 133 days.
- During the season (from 25 Nov till 10 Apr) the average snow depth at Steamboat is 159 cm. Snow coverage is usually best during April, offering an average base depth of 176 cm.
- Steamboat features 66 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski resorts in the USA is 62 sunny days. February is the sunniest month with an average of 16 sunny days.
- Offering 1,200 ha of slopes and terrain, Steamboat is among the 15 largest ski resorts in the USA.
Steamboat is located in northwest Colorado within the Rocky Mountains about a three hours drive away from Denver. It is also accessible via airplane as Yampa Valley Regional Airport is only 37 km away. Steamboat offers a great mix of varied terrain. This mixture is one of a kind and sets Steamboat apart from other resorts. At Steamboat you will rather find a true ski town than a mega complex ski resort. Steambot stresses its 100-year western heritage and friendliness that add up to a unique atmosphere that can only be found here. There are 1200 hectares of skiable terrain that spreads over 6 peaks: Mt. Werner, Sunshine Peak, Storm Peak, Thunderhead Peak, Christie Peak and Pioneer Ridge. Such an great amount of terrain naturally comprises a great variety of trails. At Steamboat no one is left behind. There are plenty of trails for beginners, intermediates and experts alike. The resort is particularly famous for its Champagne Powder on the glade areas of Storm Peak, Pioneer Ridge and Sunshine. In fact, the term Champagne Powder was coined in Steamboat! In addition, freestylers also have a great choice here. There are 4 terrain parks with one half pipe and a super pipe to choose from. Steambot already got its first half pipe in 1990. Since then it has consistently enhanced its freestyle terrain. Today you´ll find innovative features for all ability levels that make a real freestyler´s heart beat faster! New in the park? The Ski & Snowboard School offers a special Freestyle Park & Pipe Clinic! Actually, the Ski & Sowboard School offers programs an clinics for all different needs. No matter if beginner or expert, child or adult, group or private lesson, you´ll definitely find a program that suits you! There is even a childcare program that enables parents to enjoy the trails and slopes of Steamboat without having to worry about the kids! Yet, Steamboat also offers an abundance of other snow activities besides alpine skiing and snowboarding. Try Ice Climbing, Snowshoeing, Sleigh Rides, Helicopter Tours, Cross Country Skiing and much more!