The Ski Resort
Located in the heart of the Dolomites UNESCO World Natural Heritage Site, the resort of Obereggen has received numerous prizes for its excellent pistes and snow quality. Its 18 state-of-the-art lifts are powerd by renewable energy and whisk visitors from 1.550 m to 2.500 m in the blink of an eye.
A total of 49km of pistes connect Obereggen to the resorts of Pampeago and Predazzo.
The snowpark, including a hilfpipe and boardercross course, offers snowboarders and freestyle skiers the chance to perfct their tricks and jumps.
The modern ski depot with heated lockers for skis, boots and gloves mean that visitors can slip into a pair of toasty warm boots in the morning before hitting the slopes. Each locker is equipped with a disinfection facility and can be accessed using a chip card.
An when night falls over Obereggen the lights come on for night skiing and tobogganing on the floodlit piste and toboggan run.
There are also plenty of spectacular events and shows going on throughout the winter, while the region´s cosy mountain huts offer fine traditional cuisine.
- Offering 30 miles of slopes and terrain, Ski Center Latemar is among the 10 largest Ski Resorts in South Tyrol.
- Ski Center Latemar is among the 15 best rated Ski Resorts in Italy.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 3117 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Italy is 2713 ft. The high point of the ski resort is located at an elevation of 8202 ft.
- Average snow depth during the season is 35 " at summit elevation and 25 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 41 " at summit elevation and 28 " at the base. Therefore Ski Center Latemar is among the 10 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in South Tyrol.
- Ski Center Latemar features 91 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Italy is 71 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 25 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 5 sunniest in Italy.