- It is among the 10 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Montana.
- Elevated between 6801 ft and 8199 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 5 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Montana. The vertical drop from summit to base is 1401 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in the USA is 1184 ft.
- Season starts on Dec 16 and ends on Apr 2 (107 days). Average season duration in the USA is 118 days.
- The ski resort is among the 5 ski Resorts with best conditions in Montana.
- Showdown Ski Area features 45 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in the USA is 47 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 18 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 3 sunniest in Montana.
The Ski Resort
Showdown is a lovely Montana ski area nestled in the Little Belt Mountains. Due to its high location it always gets best snow and keeps it longer. At Showdown 259 hectares of skiable terrain with 34 trails are awaiting you. The trails are designed for all ability levels and will please experts as much as beginners. Existing since 1936 thousands of people have learned to ski and ride here and have become real snow enthusiast. Showdown has a spearate learning area right in front of the lodge so friends and family can watch. Experienced instructors will teach you everything you need to know with always having you fun in mind. A real Showdown specialty is its Ski for Free Program. Anyone who has never stood on ski before can try it out here without paying anything! There is also a daycare available. Enjoy the great slopes and trails of Showdown while your little toddler makes new friends and is well cared for. Furthermore, Showdown has a Terrain PArk for all the freestylers out there who are looking for a real challenge!