- Offering 124 acres of slopes and terrain, Shawnee Mountain is among the 10 largest Ski Resorts in Pennsylvania.
- Shawnee Mountain is among the 10 best rated Ski Resorts in Pennsylvania.
- It is known to be the most family-friendly ski resort in Pennsylvania.
- Season starts on Dec 14 and ends on Mar 27 (103 days). Average season duration in the USA is 117 days.
- During the season (from Dec 14 till Mar 27) the average snow depth at Shawnee Mountain is 17 ". Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average base depth of 20 ".
- Shawnee Mountain features 54 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in the USA is 45 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 17 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 5 sunniest in Pennsylvania.
The Ski Resort
Shawnee Mountain Ski Area is located amidst the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania. It is widely known for its extensive snowmaking. Hence, you will always find best snow conditions on the entire terrain which totals 50 hectares. You can choose from 23 slopes and trails that are designed for different ability levels. The majority are intermediate runs. However, beginners and experts won´t be dissapointed either. They are serviced by 10 lifts with a capacity of 12,600 skiers per hour. Freestylers can decide between 2 Terrain Parks each stuffed with great features. From jumps to rails and rollers there´s nothing missing! Anyone who wants to learn to ski or ride or who just wants to improve on their skills is in good hands at the Ski & Snowboard School. It offers a variety of great programs, especially for children. There is a seprarate learning area avialable where beginners can practice unhurriedly. If your child is too young or doesn´t want to ski staff at the daycare & nursery is ready to take good care of them. Besides Skiing and Snowboarding you can go snowtubing at Shawnee Mountain. It is a great winter acitvity that can be enjoyed by old and young as no experience, training or special equipment is needed. Just hop on your tube and feel the cold air prickling in your face! Hungry from all your exciting adventures on the mountain? You can choose from several dining facilities on the mountain. Enjoy a burger or a hot soup and regain some strength so the fun can continue!