- Offering 155 miles of slopes and terrain, Serre Chevalier is among the 10 largest Ski Resorts in France.
- Serre Chevalier is among the 15 best rated Ski Resorts in France.
- It is among the 10 most family-friendly ski Resorts in France.
- Elevated between 3937 ft and 9186 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 3 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur. The vertical drop from summit to base is 5249 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in France is 2638 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Season starts on Dec 1 and ends on Apr 22 (142 days). Average season duration in France is 113 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (Dec 1 to Apr 22) is 78 " at summit elevation and 16 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 90 " at summit elevation and 19 " at the base. Therefore Serre Chevalier is among the 10 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur.
- Serre Chevalier features 90 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in France is 79 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 22 sunny days.
The Hautes-Alpes is France’s only department in the alpine chain situated entirely in the mountains, making it the highest department in the Alps.
Serre Chevalier Vallée’s subtle Italian influence and Mediterranean feel coupled with its high-quality snow cover have contributed to the resort’s success. Together these features give it a distinctive character and touch of originality, a blend of authenticity and modern innovation, of warmth and cold, of nature and a thriving protected mountain environment...
Serre Chevalier Vallée, the ski resort
With 250km of pistes, Serre Chevalier Vallée is France’s top stand-alone resort and features :
477 hectares of marked and maintained pistes
61 ski lifts : 1 cable car, 5 gondola lifts, 11 high speed chair lifts, 9 fixed-grip chair lifts, 35 ski lifts
Hourly turnover of 76,360 people
1/3 of the ski area covered by a network of snow cannon
Certification: ISO 9001 (Quality), ISO 18000 (Health & Safety) and ISO 14001 (Environment) since 2008.
It has a high-profile foreign community that comes to sample its high-quality slopes and off-piste skiing, which stretch from 1350m up to 2800m, and give Serre Chevalier an extremely cosmopolitan feel both on the pistes and when it comes to the après-ski.