- Elevated between 1,000 m and 1,350 m, the Ski Resort is among the 10 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Lower Austria. The vertical drop from summit to base is 350 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Austria is 721 m. Runs and slopes are therefore relatively short.
- Semmering Hirschenkogel is among the 10 best rated Ski Resorts in Lower Austria.
- Season starts on 8 Dec and ends on 2 Apr (115 days). Average season duration in Austria is 118 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (8 Dec to 2 Apr) is 81 cm at summit elevation and 70 cm at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 102 cm at summit elevation and 89 cm at the base. Therefore Semmering Hirschenkogel is among the 3 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Lower Austria.
- Semmering Hirschenkogel features 53 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Austria is 65 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 16 sunny days.
- Offering 14 km of slopes and terrain, Semmering Hirschenkogel is among the 10 largest Ski Resorts in Lower Austria.
A winter experience par excellence awaits fun- and pleasure seeking athletes on the Zau[:ber:]g – the magic mountain - Semmering with a unique range of night ski slopes and tobogganing, well-groomed, high snow-guarantee, great après-ski and romantic mountain huts. By day and night, beginners and families, experts, carvers and snowboarders can enjoy the red (intermediate), blue (easy) and black (advanced) ski slopes. The offer ranges from the family slope, which is ideal for practising your skills due to its low incline to the FIS-Worldcup Slope Panorama, on which the Ladies’ Ski World Cup takes place in December 2008, and the challenging Diamond slope for experienced skiers. The perfectly prepared slopes will invite you to carve, and the beautiful views over the Semmering-Rax-Schneeberg area will enchant and delight your senses.The place-to-be for snowboarders and freeskiers is the Split-Park. Specially designed elements such as a kicker with two jumps, a six meter rail, an eight meter box, nine meter rainbowbox, an A-frame box that extends 12 m, fun box with 5 m table, a wall ride and a “Rohr” offer challenges and infinite fun. Two chill-out areas enhance the perfect Split-Park feeling. The Zau [:ber:]g adventure toboggan run - with a total length of 3 km and floodlight during the night - guarantees incomparable sledge-fun. Fantastic buildings, tunnels, magic lighting effects and spherical sounds all about the history of the magician Siebenstein and the evil dragon Feuerzahn will enchant the young and the young at heart and take them to the magical world of the Zau [:ber:] g. Experience unforgettable après ski atmosphere in the ZauberBAR, directly at the foot of the Zau[:ber:]g. Different levels, the most modern and high-quality design, music for everyone’s taste and LIVE-performances turn every evening into a magical experience.The numerous events hosted on the Zau[:ber:]g Semmering also guarantee great winter fun and adventure. The highlight of the season is the FIS Ladies’ Alpine Ski World Cup on the 28th and 29th of December, 2008, with the best ski racers of the world competing in a giant slalom and a night slalom on the Zau [:ber:] g.Well-groomed winter hiking trails, snowshoe and ski touring routes and cross-country skiing trails in the village as well as access to the Semmering-Wechsel-Panorama cross-country trail provide variety in your winter vacation. Regain strength for everyday life and enjoy the Zau [:ber:] g to the fullest.The Zau [:ber:] g Semmering at a glance• 14 kilometres of ski runs during the day • 13 kilometres of ski runs at night • 3 kilometres Zau[:ber:]g adventure toboggan run • Split-Park for snowboarders and freeskiers • FIS world cup arena • après ski bar ZauberBAR
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Snow Making Machines: 66
Snowphone+43 (0)2664 20004
Average snow depth of the last years (Summit)
Length: 2.5 km
Vertical Drop: 355 m
Most Difficult Runs
Osthang (Freeride Area)
Length: 1 km
Vertical Drop: 300 m
Lighted runs: 13 km
10 Reasons to Come to Semmering | 01:02
Apres Ski GER
Ihr Pistenspass beim Happy LiftHappy Lift Semmering
Après-Ski and Nightlife
Bars and Pubs: 1
Dining and Restaurants
Infrastructure & Rental
Cross Country Ski Rental
Backcountry Ski Rental
Ski Rental Shops
Ski Rentals Semmering Hirschenkogel (4)