Coronavirus / Covid-19 Measures
- Masks mandatory in all lifts and ski buses
- Visitor management in waiting areas (keep your distance)
- Lift tickets available online
- No Après Ski
- Staff testing on regular basis
- Daily disinfection measures
The Ski Resort
The ski resort Radstadt/Altenmarkt is part of the Skiparadies Zauchensee, the highest ski area in the Salzburger Sportwelt. On around 17 kilometres of slopes of all levels of difficulty, every skier and snowboarder will find the right downhill run for him or herself. For beginners, the areas around the three lifts in the base areas and the 9.2 kilometres of blue marked slopes are particularly suitable. If you are a little more confident, you can explore 7.5 kilometres of medium downhill runs. In addition, there is a 600-metre-long black marked runway. From the base stations eight lifts bring the winter sports enthusiasts to the two ski mountains Kemahdhöhe and Hochbifang, where you can enjoy a great panoramic view.
The Fichtelland is the attraction for all kids in the ski area. The unique forest is home to the "Fichtel" that make children's eyes glow with their winter playground. The toddlers are cared for in the Skikindergarten. In addition they can learn the ABC of winter sports during the lessons of the ski schools.
The ski area Radstadt/Altenmarkt is part of Ski Amadé, which offers around 760 kilometres of downhill runs for pure winter sports pleasure.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 2349 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Austria is 2359 ft. The ski resort takes you to an elevation of 5154 ft.
- Average snow depth during the season is 35 " at summit elevation and 24 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 42 " at summit elevation and 30 " at the base.
- Radstadt Altenmarkt features 51 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Austria is 52 sunny days. February is the sunniest month with an average of 16 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 3 sunniest in Salzburg.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
On Mountain Dining
Whether it's Kasnocken, tasty Kaiserschmarrn or a cup of hot mulled wine – the mountain restaurants of the Radstadt provide for the physical well-being of winter sports enthusiasts. The Bifei’s Hüttn with its sun terrace and children’s play corner is the perfect place to take a break. Also in the Bifangalm you can enjoy culinary delights. During a break in the panorama bar of the Sportalm Habersatter skiers and snowboarders can enjoy the magnificent view. Also the Sonnalm Radstadt, the Arlhofhütte as well as the Berggasthaus Hochnössler invite you to stop and enjoy Austrian delicacies.
Experienced skiers should not miss the only black marked run in the ski area.
Most Difficult Runs
With a length of around six kilometres, the Königslehen toboggan run is the longest illuminated toboggan run in the province of Salzburg. Big and small toboggan fans can experience a lot of fun and action on a fast ride down into the valley. Evening tobogganing is every Tuesday and Friday.
Après-Ski and Nightlife
Infrastructure & Rental
Affiliate Ski SchoolsOffered Skiing Lessons Radstadt Altenmarkt
Salzburg is only 55 km away from the ski resort. To get there, simply follow the A10 motorway to exit 63 (Altenmarkt im Pongau) and then follow the B99 to Radstadt. Also from the south of Austria (Villach, Spittal an der Drau) the skiing area is easy to reach via the A10.
By public transport:
The nearest airport is located in Salzburg, 65 kilometers away. From there, but also from other cities, there are train connections to the station in Radstadt. A free ski bus operates in the ski area itself.