- The vertical drop from summit to base is 1,566 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Switzerland is 892 m. Most runs are therefore relatively long. The highest point of the track is 2,466 m above sea level.
- It is among the 10 most family-friendly ski Resorts in the Valais.
- Season starts on 23 Dec and ends on 22 Apr (120 days). Average season duration in Switzerland is 115 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (23 Dec to 22 Apr) is 155 cm at summit elevation and 95 cm at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 198 cm at summit elevation and 106 cm at the base.
- Portes du Soleil features 76 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Switzerland is 71 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 20 sunny days.
- Offering 650 km of slopes and terrain, Portes du Soleil is among the 3 largest Ski Resorts in Switzerland.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Snow Making Machines: 1074
Snowphone+41 (0)24 479 02 11
Average snow depth of the last years (Summit)
Length: 11 km
Vertical Drop: 1,002 m
Most Difficult Runs
Length: 1 km
Vertical Drop: 330 m
Lighted runs: 2.50 km
Number toboggan runs: 1
Toboggan run lighted
Infrastructure & Rental
Cross Country Lessons
Cross Country Ski Rental
Backcountry Ski Rental
Ski Rental Shops
Ski Rentals Portes du Soleil (31)