Coronavirus / Covid-19 Measures
- Masks mandatory in all lifts and ski buses
- Visitor management in waiting areas (keep your distance)
- Lift tickets available online
- Free face masks are provided when purchasing a ski pass
- Masks mandatory at restaurants, ski rental and shops
- No Après Ski
- Staff testing on regular basis
- Daily disinfection measures
The Ski Resort
The ski resort Söllereck in the Oberstdorf/Kleinwalsertal region is perfect for beginners and families, boasting wide, well-groomed slopes, that invite you for an unhurried and pleasurable run. The 14km/8.7mi of slopes in the ski area divide into 7km/4.3mi of blues, 6km/7.7mi of reds, and 1km/0.6mi of black runs. A total of six lifts get winter sports enthusiasts to the top of the mountain.
'Söllis Winterwelt' all-year playground provides even more fun in the snow. SölliBully, a wooden XXL snow groomer takes children's hearts by storm all year round. A free conveyor belt leads to the flat practice run where they can practise their first steps on the snow. Further conveyors get you from the car park to the slope and on to the practice run.
Several times per season, there is a special night for ski tourers. On these days, the main run is not groomed, to make ski tours to Schönblick mountain hut possible.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 2067 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Germany is 696 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long. The highest point of the track is 4757 ft above sea level.
- Season starts on Feb 10 and ends on Apr 11 (60 days). Average season duration in Germany is 79 days.
- Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 30 " at summit elevation and 23 " at the base.
- Oberstdorf Söllereck features 33 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Germany is 27 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 18 sunny days.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
On Mountain Dining
Several mountain huts take care of your culinary needs. Mountain inn Schönblick boasts home-made Allgäu delicacies, special dishes for children, a lovels sun deck, and a beautiful view over Oberstdorf. At the cosy parlour of Alpe Oberstdorf, skiers and snowboarders enjoy Alpine classics like Rösti, mountain cheese, bratwurst or Kässpatzen.
At Alpe Schrattenwang you can enjoy a hearty gulash soup, or the infamous Jägertee (tea spiked with fruit schnapps or rum). Other options to get a nice and regional meal are the mountain hut on Söller, Alpengastof-Café Heimspitze, mountain inn Seeweg, or Ziegelbachhütte.
The slopes by Höllwies lift feature a particularly impressive view over Oberstdorf. These runs are a bit more challenging, which is great for more experienced skiers. Höllwies run also used to be a FIS race track. Nowadays, it is a slope with natural snow only, offering a swift down-hill experience even to advanced skiers.
Off-piste, several winter hiking trails lead you through Kleinwalsertal valley, to Oberstdorf, or to Freibergsee lake and the ski jump. The all-weather toboggan run Allgäu Coaster takes you down into the valley through twists and turns. Another way to get fun and action for the young and the old is to try snow biking. Moreover, there is an ice rink for skating in Oberstdorf.
Après-Ski and Nightlife
Après-ski on Söllereck is characterised by typical Allgäu gemütlichkeit. You can end your day in a cosy atmosphere at one of the huts or at a bar down in the village.
Dining and Restaurants
Infrastructure & Rental
Affiliate Ski SchoolsOffered Skiing Lessons Oberstdorf Söllereck
Affiliate ShopsSki Rentals Oberstdorf Söllereck (2)
Memmingen is around 75km/47mi from Oberstdorf. Follow motorway A7 to Kempten im Allgäu, then change onto federal road B19. Via Waltenhofen, Immenstadt and Sonthofen, you drive to Oberstdorf. The base stateion of Söllereck lift is located right off B19. Car parks are available on site.
Memmingen airport is around 80km/50mi from the ski resort. From there as well as from other towns and cities, trains go to the railway station in Oberstdorf.