- Elevated between 1,793 m and 3,080 m, the ski resort is among the 5 highest elevated ski resorts in Austria. The vertical drop from summit to base is 1,287 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of ski resorts in Austria is 742 m. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Obergurgl Hochgurgl is among the 10 best rated ski resorts in Austria.
- Season starts on 17 Nov and ends on 1 May (165 days). Average season duration in Austria is 114 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (17 Nov to 1 May) is 125 cm at summit elevation and 17 cm at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 189 cm at summit elevation and 33 cm at the base. Therefore Obergurgl Hochgurgl is among the 10 ski resorts with best snow conditions in Austria.
- Obergurgl Hochgurgl features 79 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski resorts in Austria is 80 sunny days. December is the sunniest month with an average of 24 sunny days.
- Top Mountain Crosspoint: New base station of the Kirchenkar gondola including a mountain restaurant
- Every Friday: "First Lines" Be the first to hit the slopes
Information on the ski resort Obergurgl Hochgurgl
Where snow is always guaranteed. Located in the upper Ötztal Valley on the main Alpine ridge. Snow to the fore in Obergurgl-Hochgurgl. The right feeling for winter. The feeling for snow. In other places lifts end where winter fun starts in Obergurgl-Hochgurgl, the Alpine winter sports resort where snow is always guaranteed. "Top Quality Skiing" to your hotel´s doorstep from mid November to early May. Lift lines are unknown. 24 mountain lifts, 110 kilometers of ski slopes up to 3,000 meters and above. Stunning views of the surrounding glaciers and peaks. Nordic tracks, guided ski mountaineering, winter hiking trails, horse carriage rides or snoshoe tours by night. Stylisch bars and hotels with international guests offer a very special flair. Fine champagne, exquisite delicacies, majestic summits and jovial moments are typical for the Diamond in the Alps. Indulge in this very special ambiance by enjoying a scenic ride on the new Gaisberg- and Hohe Mut mountian gondola that takes you to one of Tyrol´s most beautiful vantage points with uninterrupted 360-degree views of the surrounding glaciers. Another truly breathtaking highlight at the stylisch Top Mountain Star in Hochgurgl is the panoramic view of the entire Alpine chain, including the Dolomites in the South.
New 2015/2016: Top Mountain Cross Point in Hochgurgl- Kirchenkarbahn (10 person godnola)- Crosspoint Restaurant- Timmelsjoch Toll Station- Motorbike Museum (from May 2016)