- Offering 99 acres of slopes and terrain, Mt La Crosse is among the 10 largest Ski Resorts in Wisconsin.
- Mt La Crosse is among the 10 best rated Ski Resorts in Wisconsin.
- Season starts on Dec 15 and ends on Mar 5 (80 days). Average season duration in the USA is 119 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (Dec 15 to Mar 5) is 36 " at summit elevation and 15 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 39 " at summit elevation and 17 " at the base. Therefore Mt La Crosse is among the 10 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Wisconsin.
- Mt La Crosse features 36 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in the USA is 32 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 14 sunny days.
The Ski Resort
Mt La Crosse is a family friendly ski area located just south of the city of La Crosse. It offers 40 hectares of skiable terrain with great variety. It is not only home of Wisconsin´s longest run, totalling 1,615 meters, but also of Mid-America´s steepest run, Damnation! Hence, there´s something for everyone no matter if you´re looking for gentle or for challenging runs. All of the terrain is covered with a snowmaking system and you also have the opportunity to ski and ride after sunset as a large amount of the trails is lighted at night. At Mt La Crosse you don´t have to abandon the amenities of big mountain ski areas. There is a ski shop and a rental and repair shop, a bar and a great chalet from where you can overlook the area an enjoy the beautiful winter landscape of Wisconsin due to its great windows! Don´t forget to check the weekly specials such as the Family Night on Saturdays or the Student Night on Mondays!