- Offering 99 acres of slopes and terrain, Mt La Crosse is among the 10 largest Ski Resorts in Wisconsin.
- Mt La Crosse is among the 10 best rated Ski Resorts in Wisconsin.
- Season starts on Dec 15 and ends on Mar 5 (80 days). Average season duration in the USA is 118 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (Dec 15 to Mar 5) is 35 " at summit elevation and 15 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 39 " at summit elevation and 17 " at the base. Therefore Mt La Crosse is among the 10 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Wisconsin.
- Mt La Crosse features 6 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in the USA is 13 sunny days. December is the sunniest month with an average of 4 sunny days.
The Ski Resort
Mt La Crosse is a family friendly ski area located just south of the city of La Crosse. It offers 40 hectares of skiable terrain with great variety. It is not only home of Wisconsin´s longest run, totalling 1,615 meters, but also of Mid-America´s steepest run, Damnation! Hence, there´s something for everyone no matter if you´re looking for gentle or for challenging runs. All of the terrain is covered with a snowmaking system and you also have the opportunity to ski and ride after sunset as a large amount of the trails is lighted at night. At Mt La Crosse you don´t have to abandon the amenities of big mountain ski areas. There is a ski shop and a rental and repair shop, a bar and a great chalet from where you can overlook the area an enjoy the beautiful winter landscape of Wisconsin due to its great windows! Don´t forget to check the weekly specials such as the Family Night on Saturdays or the Student Night on Mondays!