- It is among the 3 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Russia.
- Elevated between 7667 ft and 12621 ft, the Ski Resort is the highest elevated Ski Resorts in Russia. The vertical drop from summit to base is 4954 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Russia is 3104 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Season starts on Dec 2 and ends on May 20 (169 days). Average season duration in Russia is 149 days.
- The ski resort is the ski resort with the best snow conditions in Russia.
- Mt Elbrus features 67 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Russia is 60 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 17 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 1 sunniest in Russia.
The Ski Resort
At 5,642m/18,511ft, Mt Elbrus in the Norh Caucasus, is the highest mountain in Russia and, depending on where you draw the inner-Eurasian border, also the highest mountain in Europe. The ski resort there is among the highest ski areas in the world.
St Elbrus ski resort is located at the south face of the dead and glaciated volaco. Three gondolas take you up to Gara-Bashi top station at 3,847m/12,621ft. The 12km/7.5mi of slopes feature artificial snow-making, which makes for a ski season of up to 180 days.
The resort boasts easy, intermediate, and challenging runs, catering to winter sportsmen of all skill levels. Mt Ebrus is also popular with back-country skiers. From Gara-Bashi station, or the even higher Priut, you find great runs down to the base.
Infrastructure & Rental
Terskol is located arund 1,700km/1,056mi south of Moscow, near the Georgian border. The closest airport is in Nalchik, around 112km/70mi from the ski area. Flights go here from Moscow, St. Petersburg, and Istanbul. The closest train station is also in Nalchik, From there, buses go to Terskol. Alternatively, you can use the airports in Mineralnye Vody or the railway station in Pyatigorsk.