Coronavirus / Covid-19 Measures
- Visitor management in waiting areas (keep your distance)
- Lift tickets available online
- Daily disinfection measures
The Ski Resort
Mt Baw Baw is particularly suitable for snowboarders, alpine skiers and cross-country skiers. With 35 ha of groomed slopes, a total of 7 lifts, 3 snow playgrounds and 10km of marked trails, the area is of medium size. From Melbourne it takes only 2.5 hours by car to reach the ski area.
New in the Baw Baw area is the Funpark with kickers, rails and tables to try out for beginners and advanced. Mount Baw Baw also has a Big Air Bag, so you can try out all kinds of stunts while beeing guaranteed to land softly!
The Frosti Fun Club provides entertainment for the little ones, for children from 5-12 years. All kinds of activities for children are offered here. From popcorn parties to tobogganing and of course skiing and snowboarding!
The Alpine Village has pubs, bars and restaurants, so you can end an eventful day of skiing in comfort!
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 341 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Australia is 820 ft. Runs and slopes are therefore relatively short. The highest point of the track is 5131 ft above sea level.
- Snow coverage is usually best during August, offering an average base depth of 38 ".
- Mount Baw Baw features 40 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Australia is 38 sunny days. September is the sunniest month with an average of 15 sunny days.