- The vertical drop from summit to base is 700 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Switzerland is 890 m. The high point of the ski resort is located at an elevation of 2,000 m.
- Morgins is among the 10 best rated Ski Resorts in the Valais.
- It is among the 10 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Switzerland.
- Season starts on 17 Dec and ends on 17 Apr (121 days). Average season duration in Switzerland is 121 days.
- Morgins features 72 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Switzerland is 67 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 20 sunny days.
- Offering 650 km of slopes and terrain, Morgins is the largest ski resort in Switzerland.
Morgins, mon oxygène . . . Morgins, a chocolate box mountain village, nestled between pine forests and meadows on the Swiss French border, has been welcoming visitors for over a hundred years. It´s a place to enjoy warm, friendly hospitality, combine sport with holiday and relaxation, to escape from it all. Situated in the Portes du Soleil ski area / Chablais, just a snow ball´s throw from the Geneva Lake, Morgins offers the best of Swiss and French cultures. Morgins: A Winter Resort Ski and snowboard without borders throughout the fabulous international Portes du Soleil ski area and schuss back to the heart of the resort! Morgins is also 80 Km of marked snowshoe, walking trails, horseback riding and cross-country trails, making it an ideal destination to discover nature in all its preserved splendour, a unique territory and a change of pace allowing time for alpine daydreams. Want to try something out of the ordinary? Why not view the Portes du Soleil from above in a two-seat hang-glider, test-fly the Whoopy, hunt images of wild animals with bow and arrow or zoom down the Géant slope in a gravity-powered kart! Your children will be delighted by the postcard setting in which they take their first ski lessons, while the daycare awaits your infants. Remember when you were a kid? snowball fights followed by delicious hot chocolate. Yummy! The nighthawks will certainly appreciate the atmosphere in the bars, restaurants and the disco. A variety of musical and sports events are planned throughout the season. So what are you waiting fo? Come to Morgins for a sports and rejuvenation getaway. The Portes du Soleil Ski Area MORGINS has two chairlifts that link you to the largest international ski area in the world : The Portes du Soleil ! The Foilleuse chairlift (towards Les Crosets) and the Corbeau chairlift (towards Châtel, France) are serviced by a free shuttle bus, or you can easily walk from one to the other. The Portes du Soleil Ski Area is... 650 km of groomed runs, 209 lifts, 288 marked trails, 12 ski towns in France and Switzerland and a single ´hands-free´ ski pass valid throughout the entire area. and includes... 7 snowparks, 3 half-pipes, 5 boarder X, 577 snow-making guns, 366 hectare cover snow, 92 grooming machines, 1050 employees overseeing the runs and ski-lifts, including 174 ski patrols,and over 1080 ski and snowboard instructors. Night skiing Every Wednesday and Saturday night, the lights are turned on for you to enjoy the Foilleuse run until 9:30 PM.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Snow Making Machines: 1074
Snowphone0041 24 555 80 90
Length: 11 km
Vertical Drop: 1,002 m
Most Difficult Runs
Length: 1 km
Vertical Drop: 330 m
Lighted runs: 1 km
Infrastructure & Rental
Ski Rental Shops
Ski Rentals Morgins (31)