- The vertical drop from summit to base is 3281 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Austria is 2392 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long. The highest point of the track is 5906 ft above sea level.
- Season starts on Dec 1 and ends on Apr 22 (142 days). Average season duration in Austria is 111 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (Dec 1 to Apr 22) is 93 " at summit elevation and 26 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during January, offering an average snow depth of 106 " at summit elevation and 43 " at the base.
- Loser Altaussee features 52 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Austria is 63 sunny days. February is the sunniest month with an average of 17 sunny days.
- Offering 21 miles of slopes and terrain, Loser Altaussee is among the 10 largest Ski Resorts in Styria.
... for freeriders and snowboarders
The Loser Ski Area offers something very special at 1000 meters´ elevation and is an insider´s tip among snowboarders and freeriders. Have FUN in our Fun Park, which features super-cool jumps, a smooth wave-rail, a kicker combo and other challenges. An abundance of deep powder above the tree line offers nearly unlimited freedom to enjoy the incomparable panoramic view of the Ausseerland-Salzkammergut region -- it all inspires you to snowboard, ski or just chill out.... for families and fun-lovers
An ideal variety of skiing fun awaits your whole family. Beginners and advanced skiers alike will find plenty of room to glide, carve and swing down the wide slopes of the Loser-Sandling ski resort.
Those who feel like relaxing and having fun can glide over our family-friendly European Cup slope, while the ski-freaks boldly carve down our FIS run and get their kicks in the ski resort in Altaussee.