- Offering 124 miles of slopes and terrain, Les 2 Alpes is among the 10 largest Ski Resorts in France.
- Les 2 Alpes is among the 15 best rated Ski Resorts in France.
- It is among the 10 most family-friendly ski Resorts in France.
- Elevated between 4199 ft and 11680 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 3 highest elevated Ski Resorts in France. The vertical drop from summit to base is 7480 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in France is 2638 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Season starts on Jun 27 and ends on Aug 30 (64 days). Average season duration in France is 425 days.
- Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 75 " at summit elevation and 22 " at the base. Therefore Les 2 Alpes is among the 3 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in France.
- Les 2 Alpes features 54 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in France is 51 sunny days. July is the sunniest month with an average of 29 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 3 sunniest in Rhône-Alpes.
The Ski Resort
Since Les Deux Alpes is a mere one hour drive from Grenoble international airport, getting there is fairly uncomplicated for winter vacationers. It´s one of the most frequented and major ski resorts in France. It revolves around the majestic mountain La Meije (3983 m). Thanks to the drop of 3.600 meters (11811 ft), the resort invites well into the summer and doesn´t primarily focuses on the winter season.
Les Deusx Alpes vast terrain seems to be endless as it stretches over nothing less than 225 kilometers (139 miles) of skiing trails by featuring runs for all levels and abilities. With ample beginner-friendly terrain in the valley or green marked trails (really easy!) throughout the ski resort you will have more than enough room to spread out and test your skills. Petites Crêtes is one of the mountains that is considered to be ideal for beginners. Once you found your ski legs you can go and check out the area of Vallèe Blanche. It is usually pretty quiet back here, and the lines are short for the blue and red slopes to practice almost by yourself.
Intermediate skiers find great trails everywhere in the resort. The broad range of ski slopes ensure that there´s no time for boredom. Experts should definitively ski the black Diable runs, Bellecombe slope and Valentin run to find their personal challenges.
Don´t miss out on the huge terrain park ´2 Alpes Freestyle Land´ that presents itself as big playground for young and old fresstylers. It definitively fulfills the expectations far beyond the common standards by boasting a slopestyle, boardercross, an airbag and a large superpipe apart from the usual obstacles.
If you decide on a ski pass for longer than 6 days you are also free to access the ski resorts Alpe d’Huez, Serre Chevalier and Sestriere.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
On Mountain Dining
Most Difficult Runs
For the more relaxed, pick one of the spas like the Spa Côte Brune or Espace 1800 Fitness & Well-being Area and recharge your batteries to be back for good on the trails the next day.