The Ski Resort
Kirkwood offers 930 hectares of skiable terrain with 65 trails. The trails are designed for different levels of ability. Whether you´re a beginner and looking for wide cruisers or an expert looking for steep terrain Kirkwood is the right place to be. If you´re just getting into skiing or riding some lessons are recommendable. Kirkwood offers a variety of programs at the Tahoe Learning Center. Learn from experienced instructors and have even more fun in the snow! There are programs for skiers and riders, adults and children. Furthermore, you have the opportunity to attend Telemark lessons. If you like skiing Telemark will give you a totally new feeling on ski. Of course, all equipment needed can be rent.
- Offering 2298 acres of slopes and terrain, Kirkwood is among the 10 largest Ski Resorts in California.
- Kirkwood is among the 10 best rated Ski Resorts in California.
- Elevated between 7799 ft and 9800 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 5 highest elevated Ski Resorts in California. The vertical drop from summit to base is 2001 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in the USA is 1204 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- During the season the average snow depth at Kirkwood is 92 ". Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average base depth of 138 ".
- Kirkwood features 93 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in the USA is 60 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 25 sunny days.