- Offering 2296 acres of slopes and terrain, Kirkwood is among the 10 largest Ski Resorts in California.
- Kirkwood is among the 10 best rated Ski Resorts in California.
- It is among the 10 most family-friendly ski Resorts in California.
- Elevated between 7799 ft and 9800 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 5 highest elevated Ski Resorts in California. The vertical drop from summit to base is 2001 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in the USA is 1184 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Season starts on Nov 29 and ends on Apr 12 (135 days). Average season duration in the USA is 118 days.
- During the season (from Nov 29 till Apr 12) the average snow depth at Kirkwood is 109 ". Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average base depth of 142 ". Therefore Kirkwood is among the 10 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in California.
- Kirkwood features 53 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in the USA is 59 sunny days. December is the sunniest month with an average of 17 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 10 sunniest in California.
The Ski Resort
Kirkwood offers 930 hectares of skiable terrain with 65 trails. The trails are designed for different levels of ability. Whether you´re a beginner and looking for wide cruisers or an expert looking for steep terrain Kirkwood is the right place to be. If you´re just getting into skiing or riding some lessons are recommendable. Kirkwood offers a variety of programs at the Tahoe Learning Center. Learn from experienced instructors and have even more fun in the snow! There are programs for skiers and riders, adults and children. Furthermore, you have the opportunity to attend Telemark lessons. If you like skiing Telemark will give you a totally new feeling on ski. Of course, all equipment needed can be rent.