Coronavirus / Covid-19 Measures
- Masks mandatory in all lifts and ski buses
- Lift tickets available online
- Masks mandatory at restaurants, ski rental and shops
- Daily disinfection measures
- Only related parties in chairlifts and gondolas or seating on opposite sides of the lift/cabin
- Face covering required while loading and riding on chairlifts and in gondolas
- Face covering required inside all buildings and during all ski and snowboard lessons
- Pass holder reservations are required to manage on-mountain access
- All transactions across the resort will be cashless
The Ski Resort
Experience some of the best skiing and riding in the area at Hunter Mountain! The resort offers 97 hectares of skiable terrain with trails for everyone: Easy runs, especially designed for the needs of beginners and families, intermediate runs with gentle cruisers and challenging expert runs - Hunter has them all! The resort doesn´t have less than 55 trails that are waiting to be explored. Nature at Hunter is great, however, Hunter has a snowmaking system that makes snow even better. There are 1,100 snow machines capable to making great amounts of snow in a blink to provide you with the best snow conditions. Moreover, Hunter has special equipment to prepare the two Terrain Parks.
You can also go Cross-Country Skiing. There are 35 kilometers of groomed trails available. Enjoy the wonderful winter woodland trails and leave the hectic world behind. Of course, Hunter also has a snow tubing hill. Snow tubing is the perfect activity for the entire family! If you like sledding you will definitely love snow tubing. Just hop on your tube and slide down the hill. Yet, that´s still not everything Hunter has to offer: Go snowmobiling, snowshoeing or horseback riding. There´s something for everyone!
Need some relaxation after a day packed with adventures, new impressions and lots of fun? Visit the luxury spa and give yourself a treat. Unique treatments will melt away tensions and give you new strength.
- Offering 242 acres of slopes and terrain, Hunter Mountain is among the 10 largest Ski Resorts in New York.
- Hunter Mountain is the the best rated ski resort in New York.
- Elevated between 1601 ft and 3199 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 5 highest elevated Ski Resorts in New York. The vertical drop from summit to base is 1601 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in the USA is 1188 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Season starts on Nov 20 and ends on Apr 11 (142 days). Average season duration in the USA is 116 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (Nov 20 to Apr 11) is 31 " at summit elevation and 15 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 41 " at summit elevation and 21 " at the base. Therefore Hunter Mountain is among the 5 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in New York.
- Hunter Mountain features 60 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in the USA is 60 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 16 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 5 sunniest in New York.