- The vertical drop from summit to base is 1,900 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Austria is 735 m. Most runs are therefore relatively long. The ski resort takes you to an elevation of 2,500 m.
- Hochzillertal is among the 15 best rated Ski Resorts in Austria.
- Season starts on 1 Dec and ends on 22 Apr (142 days). Average season duration in Austria is 117 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (1 Dec to 22 Apr) is 116 cm at summit elevation and 29 cm at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 152 cm at summit elevation and 45 cm at the base.
- Hochzillertal features 58 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Austria is 59 sunny days. April is the sunniest month with an average of 17 sunny days.
The Ski Resort
In the Hochzillertal ski area, winter sports enthusiasts can make their turns on 90 kilometres of pistes. From beginners to experts, everyone will find the right slopes for themselves here. A good 29 kilometres of downhill runs are marked in blue and are ideal for beginners and those returning to the sport. The 42 kilometres of medium-difficulty pistes offer pure piste fun for advanced skiers. Advanced skiers feel particularly at home on the 13 kilometres of black pistes. You can also try out the permanent slalom slope. Freeride and powder fans will find almost ten kilometres of routes and many off-piste possibilities in the ski area. A total of 39 lifts take the winter sports enthusiasts up to over 2,350 metres. The pistes are guaranteed snow thanks to the latest snow-making equipment.
In Bobo's children's club and the children's park with magic carpet, wave track and play tent, the kids can take their first turns. They are supported by the competent teams of the local ski schools. The children's restaurant is open for lunch. Families are guaranteed to find fun in Kidsworld in the mountain station 2, where there is even a children's cinema in addition to play areas. The Zwergerl Club offers full-day care for children. The absolute highlight of every ski course is of course the children's ski race.
Freestylers can prove their talent in the Bretterpark Hochzillertal below the exit of the 8-seater chairlift Snow Express. The snow park with its own lift and natural halfpipe is suitable for all freestylers, from beginners to professionals. On a total length of 320 meters you will find a beginner line, a medium line, a pro line, a jib line and an XL kicker line with various obstacles.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
On Mountain Dining
There are 17 huts and mountain restaurants where skiers and snowboarders are invited to take a break. At 2,147 metres above sea level lies the Kristallhütte, a gourmet and lifestyle hotel on the mountain, which serves winter sports enthusiasts not only spinach dumplings, apple strudel and Kaiserschmarrn but also gourmet creations with an international touch. The Wedelhütte at 2,350 metres also invites you to a pleasurable stop. The menu mainly includes local delicacies such as Tafelspitz, Zillertaler Krautkrapfen and Kaiserschmarrn. The mountain restaurant Marendalm near the Mizun lifts attracts with its sun terrace and is especially known for its generous portions. The Firnhütte is located at the Neuhüttenbahn. Here you will find delicious soups and Zillertal specialities.
Every friday from the end of December to mid-March Ski and snowboard fans can enjoy winter sports on approx. 5 kilometres of slopes after dusk. From 19.00 to 21.30 o'clock the slope Stephan Eberharter Gold is illuminated.