- Elevated between 1,300 m and 2,902 m, the Ski Resort is among the 10 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Austria. The vertical drop from summit to base is 1,602 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Austria is 736 m. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Grossglockner - Heiligenblut is among the 3 best rated Ski Resorts in Carinthia.
- It is among the 3 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Carinthia.
- Season starts on 7 Dec and ends on 22 Apr (136 days). Average season duration in Austria is 117 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (7 Dec to 22 Apr) is 98 cm at summit elevation and 31 cm at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 126 cm at summit elevation and 38 cm at the base. Therefore Grossglockner - Heiligenblut is among the 3 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Carinthia.
- Grossglockner - Heiligenblut features 50 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Austria is 56 sunny days. April is the sunniest month with an average of 12 sunny days.
- Offering 55 km of slopes and terrain, Grossglockner - Heiligenblut is among the 5 largest Ski Resorts in Carinthia.
Skiing at the Grossglockner. Discover the impressive Heiligenblut ski resort at the Grossglockner. Broad pistes for all levels of ability and our very own freeride arena for professionals. A fascinating view of Austria’s highest mountain and a further 40 three-thousanders. Snow absolutely guaranteed thanks to the high Alpine location and state-of-the-art artificial snow systems. Enjoy a winter sport experience in a class of its own. You will love it.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Snow Making Machines: 60
Snowphone+43 (0)4824 2640
Average snow depth of the last years (Summit)
Most Difficult Runs
Length: 0.5 km
Vertical Drop: 300 m
Length: 7 km
Vertical Drop: 1,300 m
Après-Ski and Nightlife
Bars and Pubs: 10
Dining and Restaurants
Infrastructure & Rental
Cross Country Lessons
Cross Country Ski Rental
Backcountry Ski Rental