The Ski Resort
Great Divide Ski Area holds up to its promise - it´s GREAT! 650 hectares spread over three mountain peaks and three distinct valleys. At Great Divide boredom is unknowm. 140 trails will keep you busy. There are trails for everyone no matter what you prefer. Easy beginner runs, gentle cruising intermediate runs or steep, challenging expert runs - Great Divide has them all.
It is a great place to learn to ski and board. There is a special area for beginner where you can practice without any hurry. At the Ski School you can choose from different programs. Certainly you will find one that meets your needs. Experienced instructors will ensure you´ll have a fun time during your lessons and soon you´ll leave the beginner area.
It is also a great place for freestylers. Great Divide has 4 unbelievable terrain parks to offer. They are stuffed with innovative features that are changed weekly.
- Offering 1599 acres of slopes and terrain, Great Divide Ski Area is among the 5 largest Ski Resorts in Montana.
- Great Divide Ski Area is among the 5 best rated Ski Resorts in Montana.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 1578 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in the USA is 1204 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long. The high point of the ski resort is located at an elevation of 7329 ft.
- The day pass at Great Divide Ski Area is $36 making it one of the 5 cheapest ski Resorts in Montana.
- Average snow depth during the season is 43 " at summit elevation and 41 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 54 " at summit elevation and 50 " at the base.