The ski-region Val di Fassa (German: Fassatal) comprises seven villages. Val di Fassa is surrounded by the Dolomites´ gorgeous and breathtaking landscape. The ski-region´s resorts are Ciampac-Buffaure, Belvedere-Col Rodella-Passo Pordoi, Vigo di Fassa-Catinaccio, San Pellegrino, Alpe Lusia, Karerpass, and Passo Fedaia-Marmolada. The region attracts with its 210 kilometers of finest slopes, provided by 83 lift facilities. Val di Fassa´s highlight is Sella Ronda: four interconnected passes around Mount Sellastock. A free shuttle service runs between the region´s resorts. Beginners and advanced skiers will experience an extraordinary delight in Val di Fassa. About 20 kilometers of black slopes stir the experts´ blood. Cross-country skiers will love the region´s cross-country ski trails. In every single ski resort there are plenty of offerings: ski rental, skiing schools, indoor swimming pools, Après-Ski, toboggan runs, ice rinks, fun parks, etc.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 1,438 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Italy is 916 m. Most runs are therefore relatively long. The high point of the ski resort is located at an elevation of 2,638 m.
- Val di Fassa / Fassatal is among the 15 best rated Ski Resorts in Italy.
- It is known to be the most family-friendly ski resort in Trentino.
- Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 155 cm at summit elevation and 26 cm at the base.
- Offering 210 km of slopes and terrain, Val di Fassa / Fassatal is among the 5 largest Ski Resorts in Italy.
Main access points to Val di Fassa, coming from the A22 Brennero motorway:
Ora/Egna exit, S.S. 48 delle Dolomiti - Passo San Lugano - Val di Fiemme - Val di Fassa (distance 45 km). At the roundabout in Moena, follow the direction of Canazei upwards;
Bolzano Nord exit, S.S. 241 Grande Strada delle Dolomiti - Passo Carezza - Val di Fassa (distance 40 km). From Vigo, follow the direction of Canazei upwards or the direction of Soraga and Moena downwards.
Other access routes to Val di Fassa:
from the A27 (Venezia motorway), Belluno/Ponte nelle Alpi exit, then take the S.S. 203 to Agordo and the S.P. 346 to Passo San Pellegrino - Moena (Val di Fassa). At the roundabout in Moena, follow the direction of Canazei upwards;
from the A27 (Venezia motorway), Belluno/Ponte nelle Alpi exit, then take the S.S. 203 to Agordo/Alleghe/Rocca Pietore first and the S.P. 641 to Passo Fedaia - Canazei;
coming from Arabba, take the S.S. 48 Passo Pordoi - Canazei;
coming from Val Gardena, take the S.S. 242 Passo Sella - Canazei.
For further information please visit: http://www.fassa.com/EN/How-to-get-here/ .