The Ski Resort
As being part of the Tres Valles of ski resorts close to Santiago - along with La Parva and Valle Nevado, El Colorado is considered a locals' ski resort. In fact, El Colorado comprises two ski areas, namely El Colorado and Farellones, both situated above two interconnected villages (Villa Colorado and Villa Farellones). Combined, the two ski areas make up an extensive treeless ski resort.
A great number of runs is well suited to beginners with Farellones being only for beginners and tubing enthusiasts. Due to its gentle slopes and snow tubing, the ski resort is popular with beginners and families. Featuring a ski area of 1,100 acres, El Colorado/Farellones offers 112 slopes served by 18 ski lifts. 51% of the skiable terrain is designated green, 28% are designated blue runs, 8% are suited to advanced skiers and riders, and 13% are for expert skiing.
Moreover, the resort offers a store, three restaurants, a pub and a ski rental service. The ski school is considered to be international with qualified instructors from diverse countries. Lodging here includes hotels, apartments and houses or even hostel style backpackers, which are reasonably priced and definitely less expensive thus providing better value for money than other ski resorts nearby.
- Offering 31 miles of slopes and terrain, El Colorado - Farellones is the largest ski resort in Chile.
- El Colorado - Farellones is the the best rated ski resort in Chile.
- It is among the 3 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Chile.
- Elevated between 7972 ft and 10935 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 3 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Chile. The vertical drop from summit to base is 2963 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Chile is 2359 ft.
- Snow coverage is usually best during August, offering an average snow depth of 34 " at summit elevation and 21 " at the base. Therefore El Colorado - Farellones is among the 3 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Chile.