- Offering 28 miles of slopes and terrain, Chapelco is among the 3 largest Ski Resorts in Argentina.
- Chapelco is among the 3 best rated Ski Resorts in Argentina.
- Elevated between 4101 ft and 6946 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 3 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Patagonia. The vertical drop from summit to base is 2844 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Argentina is 2694 ft.
- Season starts on Aug 1 and ends on Oct 4 (64 days). Average season duration in Argentina is 58 days.
- Snow coverage is usually best during August, offering an average snow depth of 65 " at summit elevation and 15 " at the base. Therefore Chapelco is among the 3 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Patagonia.
The Ski Resort
Located in south-western Argentina, Chapelco (also: Cerro Chapelco) is about 12 miles (19 km) from the town of San Martin de los Andes. Apart from eight restaurants, a ski and snowboard rental and repair service center, cafès and shops, the ski resort offers a great amount of activities, such as snowmobile tours for instance.
12 ski lifts and almost 30 runs are at your disposal at Chapelco. The local ski and snowboard school offers private and group lessons for skiers and riders of all age groups and levels. What is great is that the resort's green, blue, and red runs are equally spread within the area, so even beginner skiers are to enjoy the panoramic views you get when skiing high up. Moreover, this makes it an attractive spot for families. However, Chapelco is not particularly large in terms of size and number of runs, yet it provides 730 m of vertical drop.