- The vertical drop from summit to base is 1,416 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Switzerland is 890 m. Most runs are therefore relatively long. The highest point of the track is 2,466 m above sea level.
- Champery is among the 10 best rated Ski Resorts in Switzerland.
- It is among the 10 most family-friendly ski Resorts in the Valais.
- Season starts on 9 Dec and ends on 23 Apr (135 days). Average season duration in Switzerland is 121 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (9 Dec to 23 Apr) is 137 cm at summit elevation and 80 cm at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 198 cm at summit elevation and 106 cm at the base.
- Champery features 84 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Switzerland is 78 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 20 sunny days.
- Offering 650 km of slopes and terrain, Champery is among the 3 largest Ski Resorts in Switzerland.
Nestled at the base of the Dents du Midi and the Dents Blanches, at the end of the Vallée d’Illiez is the idyllic village of Champéry. This typical Swiss mountain village in the heart of the French-Swiss region of Les Portes du Soleil, is the perfect departure point to explore the surrounding mountains. Mountain and sports enthusiasts will discover the best conditions here and endless possibilities to live out their passion, while the more relaxed can just rest, and soak up the cosy atmosphere. For over 150 years, Champéry has been one of the foremost tourist destinations in Switzerland, charming visitors from all over the world. Everything started with the opening of the luxurious Hotel Dent-du-Midi in 1857. Always looking for new possibilities to make guests feel more welcomed, Champéry’s infrastructure developed and improved rapidly. Winter tourism only gained importance during the second half of the 20th century. In 1969 Champéry participated in the foundation of the Portes du Soleil. To this day, this initiative continues to provide an ever greater choice of activities to visitors. The most recent example is the Sports Center which was completely renovated in 2005 as Palladium of Champéry – National Ice Sports Center. In 5 minutes, Champéry’s cablecar can take up to 125 passengers directly to the Portes du Soleil domain at 2000 meters altitude. With 194 ski lifts and over 650 km of ski slopes this is the largest internationally connected skiing region in the world. No matter what your pleasure, cross-country skiing, winter walks, the Palladium of Champéry – National Ice Sports Center, paragliding or snowshoe walks there is an activity for everybody. After an eventful day there is nothing better than a fondue and glass of white wine in one of the many traditional restaurants of Champéry. And for those who are still have the energy there are plenty of opportunities to go out and have a good time in one of the bars or discos. When it comes to adventure, relaxation and culture, you can find most everything you could ever wish for in the region of Champéry. The medieval castles of Aigle and Chillon, diverse museums and exhibitions awaiting discovery while family amusement and adventure parks can make an interesting change. For a more relaxing day, one of the thermal bathes or a cruise on Lake Geneva could make for a fascinating, alternative day out. The spectacular „Chavanette Session“ on the legendary „Swiss Wall“, “La Grand Odyssée” dog-sled race and the different freestyle competitions at the “Superpark.ch” are not to be missed. Other events, animations and weekly activities are also organised throughout the winter months. During the summer months different national and international mountain bike competitions animate the magnificent domaine “Bikepark.ch” while local tradition is on the program during events such as the handicraft market or the August 1st National Holiday. The whole year long the Palladium of Champéry organises different concerts, shows and competitions. Last, but not least, the “Flâneries musicales of Champéry” is your musical event in the mountains and one of the cultural highlights of the summer. The village street will charm you with its well kept, traditional architecture. The historic bell tower and the “toits en sifflet” preserve the village’s unique character, while the very modern infrastructure of the Palladium of Champéry and the ski lifts complete the package, even for the most discerning. Champéry is very easily accessible by train as well as by car. It is only a stone’s throw away from Geneva International airport. This harmonious mix and the hospitality of the inhabitants will assure you some magical moments in Champéry.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Snowphone+41(0)24 479 02 11
Average snow depth of the last years (Summit)
Lighted runs: 1 km
Infrastructure & Rental
Ski Rental Shops
Ski Rentals Champery (2)