The Ski Resort
Located appr. 12 miles from San Carlos de Bariloche, the Catedral Alta Patagonia ski resort boasts a skiable terrain of 2.3 square miles and 75 miles of ski runs (120 km). Featuring a lift capacity of almost 36.000 skiers per hour, the ski area is the largest one in the Southern hemisphere.
A whopping 34 ski lifts serve five beginner areas, 11 blue runs, 14 designated red runs and 5 black diamond runs make for a great day on the slopes for both beginners and expert skiers. The local Kids Club is a go-to for kids aged 4 to 11 who are willing to learn how to ski - the Play Park is another spot to check out: A terrain park for newbies on the slopes. It goes without saying that there is also a Terrain Park for older "kids". Occupying about 3000 m2, it makes for a nice change and variety during your ski trip.
Unlike many ski resorts in Chile, this Argentinian ski resort boasts tons of dining options, such as Punta Nevada, Rodeo, El Cabo, or La Roca. Punta Nevada, for instance, offers spectacular views and a sun deck. Apart from local dishes, this restaurant offers pasta, meat and goulash.
- Offering 75 miles of slopes and terrain, Catedral Alta Patagonia is the largest ski resort in Argentina.
- Catedral Alta Patagonia is the the best rated ski resort in Argentina.
- Elevated between 3379 ft and 7152 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 5 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Argentina. The vertical drop from summit to base is 3773 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Argentina is 2694 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Season starts on Jul 23 and ends on Oct 11 (80 days). Average season duration in Argentina is 58 days.
- Snow coverage is usually best during August, offering an average snow depth of 47 " at summit elevation and 17 " at the base. Therefore Catedral Alta Patagonia is among the 5 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Argentina.
- Catedral Alta Patagonia features 8 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Argentina is 6 sunny days. September is the sunniest month with an average of 4 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 1 sunniest in Argentina.