The Winsport ski area, only 20 minutes away from Calgary when traveling by car, offers a wide range of runs that suit all levels and are thus great for families with beginner...
- Winsport - Canada Olympic Park Calgary is among the 15 best rated Ski Resorts in Canada.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 394 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Canada is 1148 ft. Runs and slopes are therefore relatively short. The ski resort takes you to an elevation of 4101 ft.
- Season starts on Nov 15 and ends on Mar 16 (122 days). Average season duration in Canada is 149 days.
- During the season (from Nov 15 till Mar 16) the average snow depth at Winsport - Canada Olympic Park Calgary is 28 ". Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average base depth of 33 ".
- Winsport - Canada Olympic Park Calgary features 25 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Canada is 34 sunny days. February is the sunniest month with an average of 6 sunny days.
News 2017/2018 Winter Season:
- Introduction of 12 lanes, a new village with food trailer, massive deck with heaters and fire pits as well as new washroom facilities to the Acura Tube Park
The Ski Resort
Canada Olympic Park offers a fantastic variety of winter sports that caters to the needs of all ability levels. From the beginner to the high performance athlete, Canada Olympic Park gives you the opportunity to experience the best winter training and is ideal for a fun family weekend.
The local ski school offers lessons for kids, youths and adults but also an Alpine Racing Team, a Freerider Team, a Snowboard, and a Cross-Country Team. The Alpine Racing Team is specialized in developing young racers and turning them into lifelong skiers led by excellent coaching staff.
Canada Olympic Park is also famous for its variety of terrain parks and superpipes. One of them is the Burton Progression Park where you can develop your skills, discover your talents and progress to the top levels. It features a Superpipe that is 61 meters long and 12 meters wide and a new jump and jib zone above the pipe. The other one is the Source Terrain Park designed by riders and challenging for every type of snowboarder with more than 30 jib features and an exact replica of the olympic pipe used 2010 at Cypress Mountain.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
On Mountain Dining
A small café next to the entry as well as a restaurant with a great view of the slopes make sure you don't have to ski on an empty stomach. Due to the relatively small size of the resort as well as its short runs, there are no dining facilities on mountain. However, next to the tubing centre, you can find a kiosk selling snacks as well as warm and cold drinks.
Canada Olympic Park's unique selling point is its own tubing park. It's a blast for the whole family. Further more, the ski school offers special programmes such as Geo Challenges, Snowshoeing, Zipline at the Park Rides and more. There is also a bobsleigh ride. If you're curious and over 16 years old, try this trilling experience.
Infrastructure & Rental
Winsport Canada Olympic Park Calgary is connected perfectly to the city of Calgary via Transcanada Highway. The resort has its own exit, and can be reached from downtown within a 15 to 20 minutes' drive. Free parking is available.