Coronavirus / Covid-19 Measures
- Masks mandatory in all lifts and ski buses
- Visitor management in waiting areas (keep your distance)
- Restrictions on lift capacity
- Lift tickets available online
- Free face masks are provided when purchasing a ski pass
- Masks mandatory at restaurants, ski rental and shops
- No Après Ski
- Staff testing on regular basis
- Corona test sites in the village
- Daily disinfection measures
The Ski Resort
The Ski area of the mountain railways See is located in the beautiful Paznaun valley, next to the neighbouring ski areas Kappl, Galtür and the party Mecca Ischgl. But there is nothing to feel of the party bustle in the tranquil See. It is the perfect ski resort for families and all those who want to spend an enjoyable skiing holiday in the middle of the Alps.
The cable car takes you directly from the village centre to the centre of skiing area. In total there are 41 kilometres of slopes to discover in See, which promise pure skiing fun for young and old. With the Zeinis lift or the Rauhkopf lift you reach a large selection of slopes. The blue marked runs 3 and 2a as well as the slope no. 5 are especially suitable for families. Experienced skiers continue on the red marked piste no.10 to the newly built Versingbahn. Here the red marked departures 12 a, b and c are waiting to be conquered. Real experts should not miss the black marked route Adrenalin 75%! The black no. 6 next to the Rossmoos lift also an exciting challenge. Freestylers can enjoy See as well. The highlight of the fun park is the large AirBag, on which the daring can try incredible jumps.
For small skiers there is a huge practice area at the top station of the cable car. Here, 2,5 acres serve for testing, playing and learning. A button lift, a children's lift and two magic carpets are at your disposal. 35 ski and snowboard instructors are also happy to help and advise you so that your first turns are a complete success. There is also a guest kindergarten which welcomes children aged 2 and over.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 4757 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Austria is 2359 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long. The highest point of the track is 8202 ft above sea level.
- Average snow depth during the season is 55 " at summit elevation and 17 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 63 " at summit elevation and 22 " at the base.
- Bergbahnen See features 61 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Austria is 59 sunny days. February is the sunniest month with an average of 19 sunny days.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
On Mountain Dining
There are a total of three mountain restaurants in the ski area. The large panorama restaurant is located at the middle station. The self-service restaurant offers a large selection of food and drinks. The Pano Lounge with its seating areas also invites you to enjoy the view. The romantic Gratli hut is located at 2220 meters. The perfect place for a break in the sun! The Ascherhütte is the first address for anyone skiing on the new Versing lift. The hut also has an umbrella bar for a stopover.
Real professionals should not miss the fast route Adrenalin 75% at See of course.
Most Difficult Runs
See is very idyllically surrounded by untouched nature. Around the ski resort there are more than 20 km of winter hiking trails, which are perfectly suited to find peace and relaxation in nature. Snowshoe hikes also offer the possibility of exploring nature off the beaten tracks. With a little luck you can follow the tracks of wild animals. The six kilometre long toboggan run, which is one of the most beautiful in the region, offers fun for the whole family. Once a week the track is illuminated in the evening.
Après-Ski and Nightlife
For après-ski you meet in the ice bar right next to the panorama restaurant, in the umbrella bar at the Ascherhütte or in the new SkyBar at 2220 meters altitude.
In the village you can party in numerous bars, for example in Simmy's Taja, in the chicken coop or in the witch's cauldron.
Dining and Restaurants
The White Lamb is one of the top addresses at See. Traditional Austrian dishes are served in the modern dining room. At the Dorfwirt Lenz not only the hotel guests like to eat. The restaurant is also very popular with locals. The cosy ambience and the delicious dishes make for a perfect dinner.
Infrastructure & Rental
Affiliate ShopsSki Rentals Bergbahnen See (2)
Take the A7 or the A95 south to the Fernpassbundesstraße (B 179) and then via Imst and Landeck to the A12. Via the Arlberg expressway (S 16). Leave the motorway at the Pians exit and continue for about 7 km in the direction of Ischgl.
You can reach Innsbruck by train. The Innsbruck train station is served by many long-distance trains. The 4240 bus runs from the station forecourt in the direction of Galtür and Ischgl. After about 20 minutes you reach See.
The nearest airport is Innsbruck. From there, take the bus to the station and then the bus to See, as described above.