Host of the FIS Ski World Cup from February 22 to 24, 2019 (Men's Super G / Giant Slalom / Alpine Combined). Read more...
- Elevated between 936 m and 2,600 m, the Ski Resort is the highest elevated Ski Resorts in Bulgaria. The vertical drop from summit to base is 1,664 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Bulgaria is 986 m. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Bansko is the the best rated ski resort in Bulgaria.
- Season starts on 14 Dec and ends on 8 Apr (115 days). Average season duration in Bulgaria is 121 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (14 Dec to 8 Apr) is 224 cm at summit elevation and 66 cm at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 251 cm at summit elevation and 94 cm at the base. This makes Bansko the ski resort with the best snow conditions in Bulgaria.
- Bansko features 59 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Bulgaria is 57 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 20 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 1 sunniest in Bulgaria.
- Offering 70 km of slopes and terrain, Bansko is the largest ski resort in Bulgaria.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Snow Making Machines: 380
Average snow depth of the last years (Summit)
Length: 16 km
Vertical Drop: 1,570 m
Lighted runs: 7.50 km