- Elevated between 4022 ft and 4419 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 3 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Lorraine. The vertical drop from summit to base is 397 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in France is 2638 ft. Runs and slopes are therefore relatively short.
- Season starts on Jan 2 and ends on Mar 29 (87 days). Average season duration in France is 112 days.
- The day pass at Ballon d Alsace is €17 making it one of the 3 cheapest ski Resorts in Lorraine.
- Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 17 " at summit elevation and 10 " at the base.
- Ballon d Alsace features 29 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in France is 51 sunny days. February is the sunniest month with an average of 15 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 3 sunniest in Lorraine.
As a paradise for families Ballon d´Alsace provides a safe enviroment for your children. While the trails are designed for beginners, intermediates or experts, the local skiing instructors welcome you warmly to improve your abilities any further.
Close to the skiing area lies the beautiful city of Belfort which is, with its painted facades and its rich history, worth a visit during your family holdiay.