- Offering 64 miles of slopes and terrain, Bad Kleinkirchheim is among the 3 largest Ski Resorts in Carinthia.
- Bad Kleinkirchheim is among the 5 best rated Ski Resorts in Carinthia.
- It is among the 10 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Carinthia.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 3133 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Austria is 2385 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long. The highest point of the track is 6742 ft above sea level.
- Season starts on Dec 6 and ends on Apr 6 (122 days). Average season duration in Austria is 114 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (Dec 6 to Apr 6) is 28 " at summit elevation and 13 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 37 " at summit elevation and 18 " at the base. Therefore Bad Kleinkirchheim is among the 10 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Carinthia.
- Bad Kleinkirchheim features 57 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Austria is 54 sunny days. February is the sunniest month with an average of 19 sunny days.
The Ski Resort
It’s the mixture that counts: Sometimes contemplative and peaceful, sometimes fast and sporty, but always agreeably relaxing! Enjoy the winter, the Austrian resort of Bad Kleinkirchheim offers practically more than any other skiing village in the Alps. The winter sports centre in the Carinthian Nock Mountains combines its modern skiing infrastructure in a unique way with the well-being offer of its thermal spas.
103 kilometers of pistes, 26 modern lift facilities, 800 snow cannons covering 97 percent of the pistes with guaranteed snow, four ski schools, toboggan runs, cross country skiing tracks and winter hiking paths: When it comes to winter sports, the Ski World Cup Village Bad Kleinkirchheim is at the cutting edge.
Wherever the World Cup ski circus makes a stop there is always a big scene: Franz Klammer, the fast living ski legend of the sport of skiing, is omnipresent in his home village of Bad Kleinkirchheim. The World Cup racing course that has been named after him “Carinthia – Franz Klammer” is one of the most spectacular and challenging courses in the world. The most famous son of the valley will also go skiing this winter with guests as part of the Klammer Ski Days, he will also show them his favourite runs.
In Bad Kleinkirchheim, four ski schools offer professional advice in helping you to ski like Klammer. Ski kindergarten, child care and a well thought out course system, will turn the little fleas of the slopes into reckless snow bunnies pretty fast. Special packages have been developed to awaken the appetite of adult re-beginners helping to carve down the curves once again. Specifically trained skiing instructors and groups of like minded people make the inhibition threshold melt like snow in the spring sun. Of course suitable sports equipment will be provided as well. At all four entrances of the skiing area there are rental shops, where equipment can be exchanged at any time during your holiday.