- Elevated between 860 m and 2,300 m, the Ski Resort is among the 10 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Salzburg. The vertical drop from summit to base is 1,440 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Austria is 736 m. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- It is among the 5 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Salzburg.
- Season starts on 1 Dec and ends on 22 Apr (142 days). Average season duration in Austria is 115 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (1 Dec to 22 Apr) is 115 cm at summit elevation and 30 cm at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 155 cm at summit elevation and 46 cm at the base.
- Bad Gastein - Bad Hofgastein features 79 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Austria is 80 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 19 sunny days.
- Offering 85 km of slopes and terrain, Bad Gastein - Bad Hofgastein is among the 5 largest Ski Resorts in Salzburg.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Snow Making Machines: 800
Snowphone+43 (0)6432 6455 50
Average snow depth of the last years (Summit)
Most Difficult Runs
Length: 2 km
Vertical Drop: 600 m
Hohe Scharte Nord Nr. H1 (Bad Hofgastein)
Length: 10.5 km
Vertical Drop: 1,460 m
Gastein - Winterspot, Ski amadé.mov | 00:31
Number toboggan runs: 0
Après-Ski and Nightlife
Bars and Pubs: 14
Dining and Restaurants
Infrastructure & Rental
Cross Country Lessons
Cross Country Ski Rental
Backcountry Ski Rental