- Elevated between 860 m and 2,300 m, the ski resort is among the 10 highest elevated ski resorts in Salzburg. The vertical drop from summit to base is 1,440 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of ski resorts in Austria is 741 m. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Season starts on 3 Dec and ends on 17 Apr (135 days). Average season duration in Austria is 116 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (3 Dec to 17 Apr) is 93 cm at summit elevation and 32 cm at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 139 cm at summit elevation and 39 cm at the base. Therefore Bad Gastein is among the 10 ski resorts with best snow conditions in Salzburg.
- Bad Gastein features 61 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski resorts in Austria is 66 sunny days. December is the sunniest month with an average of 24 sunny days.
- Offering 86 km of slopes and terrain, Bad Gastein is among the 10 largest ski resorts in Salzburg.
Video about Bad Gastein
Gastein - Winterspot, Ski amadé.mov | 00:31