- Offering 70 miles of slopes and terrain, Alto Sangro - Roccaraso is among the 15 largest Ski Resorts in Italy.
- Alto Sangro - Roccaraso is the the best rated ski resort in Abruzzo.
- It is among the 3 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Abruzzo.
- Elevated between 4068 ft and 7021 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 3 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Abruzzo. The vertical drop from summit to base is 2953 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Italy is 2808 ft.
- Season starts on Dec 22 and ends on Apr 14 (113 days). Average season duration in Italy is 130 days.
- The ski resort is the ski resort with the best snow conditions in Abruzzo.
- Alto Sangro - Roccaraso features 70 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Italy is 71 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 27 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 10 sunniest in Italy.
Skiers who want to go skiing in Italy have to go to the Alps? Wrong guess! In the region of Abruzzo in Central Italy lies Gran Sasso Massif. It´s highest peaks miss the 3000 meters barrier by less than 100 meters. Althoug ski tourism isn´t as established as the Alpine ski resorts, there are ski resorts in this massif with a total of 368 kilometers of slopes. Alto Sangro Roccaraso ski resort also lies in this region and counts with its 50 kilometers of slopes among the massif´s most important ski resorts. This mountain range has one absolute advantage over the Alps: Despite its geographic location the Gran Sasso massif is known to be richer in snow than Italy´s Alpine ski resorts. You´ll find a nice mixture of all kinds of difficulties. Half of the slopes are adressed to advanced skiers. For beginners there are 18 kilometers of slopes, where they can practice and enhance their skills. There are also 7 kilometers of black slopes for the real experts.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Snow Making Machines: 165
Snowphone+39 0864 602148 845049
Après-Ski and Nightlife
Bars and Pubs: 17
Dining and Restaurants
Infrastructure & Rental
Cross Country Lessons
Cross Country Ski Rental