- Offering 52 miles of slopes and terrain, Alto Sangro - Roccaraso is the largest ski resort in Abruzzo.
- Alto Sangro - Roccaraso is the the best rated ski resort in Abruzzo.
- It is among the 3 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Abruzzo.
- Elevated between 4068 ft and 7021 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 3 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Abruzzo. The vertical drop from summit to base is 2953 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Italy is 2694 ft.
- Season starts on Dec 12 and ends on Mar 9 (88 days). Average season duration in Italy is 101 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (Dec 12 to Mar 9) is 25 " at summit elevation and 18 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during January, offering an average snow depth of 28 " at summit elevation and 20 " at the base. This makes Alto Sangro - Roccaraso the ski resort with the best snow conditions in Abruzzo.
- Alto Sangro - Roccaraso features 68 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Italy is 52 sunny days. February is the sunniest month with an average of 27 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 3 sunniest in Italy.
The Ski Resort
Skiers who want to go skiing in Italy have to go to the Alps? Wrong guess! In the region of Abruzzo in Central Italy lies Gran Sasso Massif. It´s highest peaks miss the 3000 meters barrier by less than 100 meters. Althoug ski tourism isn´t as established as the Alpine ski resorts, there are ski resorts in this massif with a total of 368 kilometers of slopes. Alto Sangro Roccaraso ski resort also lies in this region and counts with its 50 kilometers of slopes among the massif´s most important ski resorts. This mountain range has one absolute advantage over the Alps: Despite its geographic location the Gran Sasso massif is known to be richer in snow than Italy´s Alpine ski resorts. You´ll find a nice mixture of all kinds of difficulties. Half of the slopes are adressed to advanced skiers. For beginners there are 18 kilometers of slopes, where they can practice and enhance their skills. There are also 7 kilometers of black slopes for the real experts.